Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Which doctor would I need to see?

(5 Posts)
barbie1 Wed 07-Nov-12 13:47:00

Quick question,

I need to make an appointment at the hospital to see somebody regarding my c section scar. A local doctor has taken a look and has told me to book an appointment but not with a gynaecologist but can't for the life of me remember which department he said blush

I would call the hospital and ask (which would seem the sensible option) but I'm in France and don't speak a word of French, and the hospital receptionist can't understand me at all.


CMOTDibbler Wed 07-Nov-12 14:58:12

A dermatologist probably - I've seen one about my manky scar

barbie1 Wed 07-Nov-12 15:38:38

Thanks, can I just ask if you saw them because the scar looked 'manky' or did it cause you pain as well?

Two emcs within 22 months, and 9 months down the line I'm still in loads of pain and don't even start me on the overhang! Heavy duty climbing gear required to get over it shock

CMOTDibbler Wed 07-Nov-12 17:27:42

Its because mine is overgrown with scar tissue making it very lumpy - as its on my arm it needed steroids to calm it down a bit.

Yours sounds more about your abdominal wall that your actual scar - could you not get the local doctor to write a note in french about the referral ?

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 07-Nov-12 21:41:59

General surgery or plastics?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: