Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

CS wound red and weepy at 10 months.

(4 Posts)
mumnosbest Tue 06-Nov-12 22:56:38

Its 10 months since my 3rd CS and my wound has flared up again. on and off it has become red, weepy and sore on one side only. originally (at 2wks) the gp said it was an infection andx prescribed antibiotics which seemed to work. later i went back to be told it was just rubbing and was given a sort of coating to paint on. Next i was given a steroid cream and they temoved a possible stray stitch. Now at 10 months its red, sore, weepy and a bit smelly again sad

i will make another appointment but wondered if anyone has a similar experience to share or any health care proffessionals have any advice?
TIA

mumnosbest Tue 06-Nov-12 23:55:56

smile

Musomathsci Tue 06-Nov-12 23:58:58

Oh dear, horrid for you, but it sounds like a bit of residual infection, and maybe another stitch working it's way to the surface. Are you OK otherwise?

mumnosbest Wed 07-Nov-12 00:50:36

thanks for replying. yep im fine thanks or would be if dd would stay asleep just wishing it would heal properly and curious as to why it hasn't. you hear all sorts of horror stories about things bwing left inside after surgery!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now