Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

itchy

(6 Posts)
VoterColonelSebastianDoyle Tue 06-Nov-12 20:51:37

Hi ladies, very embarassed about this but need a bit of advice.
I have piles and a phisher (however you spell it) and i have recently been constipated, so the phisher opened and was very sore and bleeding. This was about 4 days ago and now i have a bit of an itchy bum. I dont know if its the phisher healing or is it threadworms? Any advice

narmada Tue 06-Nov-12 21:25:01

Fissures do itch when they are healing. I would give it a few days and see if it subsides. Have you got any sudocrem in the house - that might help. xxx

zen1 Tue 06-Nov-12 21:27:53

Hi Voter

I empathise with you as I am a long-time sufferer of fissures too (originally caused by childbirth 6 yrs ago). From experience, when they begin to heal they do itch significantly. I have never had threadworms but I think they would be visible in poo? You could try applying a topical cream and see if it helps.

VoterColonelSebastianDoyle Tue 06-Nov-12 21:32:30

Thanks ladies have looked into the loo when ive been and not really seen anything. I hope its not worms as everyone in the family has the treatment and i would be mortifying to tell my partner! Plus i have a dd 2years old and i think id struggle getting the drink into her. Think ill leave it a week and if its still itching ill go to the chemist

VoterColonelSebastianDoyle Tue 06-Nov-12 21:33:43

Thanks ladies have looked into the loo when ive been and not really seen anything. I hope its not worms as everyone in the family has the treatment and i would be mortifying to tell my partner! Plus i have a dd 2years old and i think id struggle getting the drink into her. Think ill leave it a week and if its still itching ill go to the chemist

VoterColonelSebastianDoyle Tue 06-Nov-12 21:34:21

sorry posted twice blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now