Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What foods to avoid with Crohn's?

(5 Posts)
Chocolateporridge Tue 06-Nov-12 19:00:33

My brother is bringing his girlfriend round for dinner on Friday, its her first time here and they're in a long term relationship. He's told me she has Crohn's and has been very vague about what she can't eat. Can anyone give me some pointers so that I don't mess up, or worse, embarrass her?

CandiceMariePratt Tue 06-Nov-12 23:31:21

I have had Crohns for many years. The only things that make a lot of difference to me are onions, nuts and beer.

SleeveOfWizard Tue 06-Nov-12 23:47:13

I think it's an individual thing. Maybe pin her down to find out exactly what triggers her. My son is triggered by beef, processed foods and some carbs.

Chocolateporridge Wed 07-Nov-12 12:01:44

Thanks for your help. My brother doesn't want me to ask her (weird I know) so I'll have to muddle through I think.

pippop1 Wed 07-Nov-12 21:58:15

I think you should get him to ask her. It's really not fair on you to have to guess as everyone is different. It will be much less of a fuss if you know in advance and can cook something suitable for her that is the same for everyone.

Insist he asks her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now