Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone had a sore throat for weeks/months now?

(5 Posts)
biglips Mon 05-Nov-12 10:03:26

as i have as its permantly sore for the past 3 months and my left is feeling blocked and my right ear, my hearing is crap! (im deaf too).

Also since ive had a sore throat, im so tired too

ive got a docs appointment on wed

rockinhippy Mon 05-Nov-12 11:50:02

Sounds like a possible sinus infection, I get sore throats with that due to not breathing well, even though my nose isn't blocked - you probably need anti Bs to shift it

if its not that, & you have heartburn too, ask about a Heliobacter Pylori test - I had throat problems for years, blamed on M.E. - turned ou to be acid refluxx burning my throat as a result of this stomach infection.

good luck, hope yo feel better soon & try & get an earlier appointment & also try steam inhalations to help in the meantime - added pine aromatherapy oil is good for sinuses

biglips Mon 05-Nov-12 13:22:02

Think it is sinus infection as im swaying alot when im walking and got a headache. I has a sore throat to begin with, then has a bad cold for 2 wks about 2 wks ago but the sore throat is still here. Think poss a viral infection x

rockinhippy Mon 05-Nov-12 14:28:15

A viral infection won't last for 3 months but a bacterial one can & often needs anti Bs to shift it - if I were you I'd ring your surgery & ask for an earlier/emergency appointment & if it is a sinus infection, as certainly sounds more than likely, you need to start treatment asap, no point in being miserable if theres no need & the longer infections are left, the harder they are to shift -

Chronic sinusitis here as a result of a sinus infection being left too long & infecting bone when I was younger, even surgery didn't completely sort it out

biglips Tue 06-Nov-12 07:06:21

thanks rock as ill report back to let u know what's the verdict!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now