Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm having a panic attack. Can somebody help.

(7 Posts)
Ouluckyduck Sun 04-Nov-12 22:22:31

I hope I am just being silly, but I am feeling really bad at the moment. Vie had terrible sciatic pain this last week so the gp prescribed codeine. I last took 60mg this morning about 6 am. I then had a glass of wine tonight about half seven - first I had since the pain started. I then started panicking though because I remembered about not drinking alcohol when taking codeine, and googling hasn't helped at all. Dh is away and so I feel so stupid and worried to take a risk when it's just me and the children here.

HumphreyCobbler Sun 04-Nov-12 22:24:46

It is fine. I took codeine for period pain this morning and had a glass of wine at lunch.

You have had a massive gap between the two things, so try not to worry (I know that this is easier said than done)

HumphreyCobbler Sun 04-Nov-12 22:25:21

Should have said, I am fine!

Hope your back feels better soon

Ouluckyduck Sun 04-Nov-12 22:28:39

Thank you. It's been nigh on impossible to get decent sleep and I think I'm losing the plot a bit.

Geekster Sun 04-Nov-12 22:31:47

I think they say don't take with alcohol as it can make you more drowsy as codeine can make you drowsy. You should be fine though you took it over twelve hours before it will be out of your system by now. If you think you can take codeine again after four hours of last taking it it will be well out of your system, so don't worry and enjoy your wine!

HumphreyCobbler Sun 04-Nov-12 22:34:08

I hope you manage some sleep too

Ouluckyduck Sun 04-Nov-12 22:40:30

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now