Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I treat the ear infection or the thrush?

(7 Posts)
fatfingers Sat 03-Nov-12 23:33:17

I could scream at the minute! I have had an ear infection since last weekend, I am deaf in one ear, constant buzzing and pain. Was prescribed antibiotics which haven't helped. However, they have given me thrush so now, not only am I in pain but I'm also itching like I've got crabs!

GP has given me a prescription for more antibiotics. Should I concentrate on treating the thrush and hope the ear infection clears itself up or should I take more antibiotics and put up with the incessant itching for another week?

PhyllisDoris Sat 03-Nov-12 23:54:01

Can you not treat the thrush and take antibiotics at the same time?

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Sat 03-Nov-12 23:57:08

Take the AB's, treat the thrush, and have an Actimel or two every day. It's the only thing that keeps thrush at bay for me when I'm on AB's.

NettoSpookerstar Sun 04-Nov-12 00:00:02

Antibiotics.
Poor you though, I have to take frequent courses of them, they give me thrush every time, and I can use the cream and treat the symptoms, but can't clear it till the anti b's are finished.
It is bloody miserable though.

fatfingers Sun 04-Nov-12 00:11:53

I am using cream for the symptoms but as Netto says, I know from bitter experience that thrush won't clear until abs are finished. Guess I'll just treat it anyway while I carry on taking abs sad

FarelyKnuts Sun 04-Nov-12 00:39:40

Get yourself some probiotics from the health food store. something like acidopholous bifolous (sp?) and take two every time that you have antibiotic.
Helps clear the thrush and stop it recurring.

shitmagnet Sun 04-Nov-12 01:27:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now