Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worrying period :(

(21 Posts)
ladythatlunches Sat 03-Nov-12 12:04:45

Hi everyone, I'm really worried about my period this month!

I was due on last Tuesday, I am 28 day regular period that lasts a week!

Tuesday came and I went to the loo as normal there was pink blood, normal so put on sanitary towel.

Next day nothing at all, so weird for me as my periods are usualy so heavy!!! So Thursday comes and still nothing!! We has sex that nigjt and after there was some slight brown blood, thought ok it's starting properly now. Friday nothing, Saturday nothing then Sunday night just as I was about to go to bed, so late I went to lop and tons of red blood (as my normal period would be) and has been like that untill today and I now have brown watery blood!!!
I should be finishing my period Tom if I would of started last sunday.

I have never ever has anythingike this, so really I have been bleeding as such for 11 days!

I'm not on any pill or contraception, my dh has had vesectomy and all came back clear, but also done pregnancy test "negative"

Please help me I'm so worried, I will book a app Monday for doctors

ladythatlunches Sat 03-Nov-12 18:03:47

Bump sad

HoopDePoop Sat 03-Nov-12 18:05:13

It doesn't sound abnormal for a period tbh, but if it's massively different to what you normally experience then go to GP to have your mind set to rest.

smile

ladythatlunches Sat 03-Nov-12 20:10:10

I'm going Monday smile I also have a smear booked in for Wednesday!! Because it is so out of the ordinary I'm greakinf out and thinking the worst!
Thank you for posting

7to25 Sat 03-Nov-12 20:26:47

How old are you?
Could be the perimenopause.

ladythatlunches Sat 03-Nov-12 20:31:42

I'm 29

7to25 Sat 03-Nov-12 20:34:18

Sorry!

LegArmpits Sat 03-Nov-12 20:35:14

I had one very similar to how you describe a few months ago, and mine are totally boring and normal usually. I also had cramps with it which I don't usually get. Went to the docs and she said it was probably just a blip. I had lost a stone in weight in the previous two months, which she said could have possibly caused it. I've had three or four normal ones since. Don't worry too much, but let the docs put your mind at rest if it helps.

Onetwothreeoops Sat 03-Nov-12 20:37:45

Have you had a stressful week? Mine can stop and start if I'm struggling with sick kids, busy weeks etc.

digerd Sat 03-Nov-12 20:46:49

So your proper period was 5 days late? Then you bled for 11 days? Sounds as if your hormones were awry this time. When did you take your pregnancy test?

ladythatlunches Sat 03-Nov-12 21:03:21

That's right 5 days late as such but bled for 1 day my period was due.

I had twins 9 months ago if that makes any difference also.

I'm such a worrier just at this moment in time seams like our family is riddled with cancer and I'm worrying.

I took 2 tests Sunday morning (before the bleeding started heavily)

digerd Sun 04-Nov-12 08:50:31

Every woman is different, with me, when stressed out my periods came too soon. I remember once, it started again after being finished for just 6 days, but i was very stressed - MIL bitching at me for 9 days. Congratulations on your twins 9 months old, are they now crawling and causing you more worry trying to watch both at the same time?

ladythatlunches Sun 04-Nov-12 17:29:12

Thank you, yes one is crawling, it's very cute, not to stressful just yet, I'm sure once the other one is off it will get a bit mad smile

digerd Sun 04-Nov-12 19:06:11

Ahh, enjoy their babyhood while can
Has your bleeding stopped?

digerd Sun 04-Nov-12 19:08:03

ps. They grow up so quickly

DeWe Sun 04-Nov-12 19:47:22

Are you still breastfeeding at all?

Just I used to find if one of mine was ill/extra hungry and took extra feeds/more milk then my period was later.

I also found my periods changed after each child.

ladythatlunches Mon 05-Nov-12 16:55:05

The bleeding stopped yesterday smile

Aww I know there so cute, I want to pause time
With them before they get any bigger!!

No I only managed 6 weeks of breast feeding.

digerd Mon 05-Nov-12 17:29:05

Lady
Did you go to drs today?
Good Luck with your smear test Wed. Sure there's nothing to worry about.

EdsRedeemingQualities Mon 05-Nov-12 17:31:37

Brown watery bleeding can be one of the signs of an ectopic pregnancy.

I realise it's unlikely but it's not unheard of for a vasectomy to fail.

Have you had any pain?

Btw you can get a - or + test with an EP x

ladythatlunches Tue 06-Nov-12 17:19:18

I have made an app for Wednesday for when I have my smear. Funny thing is been to doctors twice today with poorly babies, just never have time for my self to go, so thought whilst I'm there saves me going twice!!

Husbands vasectomy is new and has has two tests saying all clear. So far I have has nothing else? No sided pain just little period pains really. I have come out in terrible spots and I never get spots!!

ladythatlunches Tue 06-Nov-12 19:17:26

After reading the smear leaflet it said best time to have smear for accurate results is 10-20 days in cycle should I reschedule till next week?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now