Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

chest / breathing pain

(3 Posts)
lozza1985 Thu 01-Nov-12 12:42:43

hi I've had this pain in my chest when I breath since the middle of the night it's bad but not unbearable , I also keep getting dizzy and I'm aching all over could be just a bad cold ? never felt like this before doctors can't fit me in either sad I was hoping someone could put my mind at ease here , thankyou

emummy Thu 01-Nov-12 13:23:21

A sharp chest pain on breathing on or coughing can be muscular or it can from an inflammation of the lining of the lung, and is called pleuritic chest pain. You can obviously take some simple painkillers and rest and see if that helps. Also the aching sounds flu-like. However, if the pain is not improving with paracetamol or ibuprofen, or if you feel short of breath or have difficulty breathing, you should see a doctor, and just go to A&E if GP not available. A lot of chest pains, especially if you're young and fairly fit, are not serious, but it is always better to be safe than sorry!

lozza1985 Thu 01-Nov-12 16:47:22

thanks for replying the pain got worse and I managed to get a emergency app with the gp she's sending me for a X-ray tomorrow morning thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now