Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Achy legs any ideas?

(10 Posts)
ripsishere Thu 01-Nov-12 03:16:48

DH is 54, he is a teacher and so stands for very long periods of time. Since we moved to Malaysia, he's been complaining about having aching legs.
Initially I thought he could try compression stockings, having suggested it we went looking for them. Couldn't find any, but in reality it would probably be unbearable due to the heat and humidity.
Anyone got any better ideas. For further info, he has had borderline hypertension in the past and has some horrible varicose veins.

musicalendorphins Thu 01-Nov-12 03:59:47

Orthopedic insoles? Or even the ones you can buy from the pharmacy?

rubyrubyruby Thu 01-Nov-12 03:59:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ripsishere Thu 01-Nov-12 04:01:52

Brilliant, I wasn't expecting any replies at this time in the morning.
He walks about as much as he can.
I'll have a look for orthopedic insoles. Pharmacies can be a bit hit and miss here. You can buy pepper spray in them, but must sign a controlled drug book for decongestants.

rubyrubyruby Thu 01-Nov-12 04:05:09

ripsishere Thu 01-Nov-12 04:40:34

smile it probably would, but he tends to sit on the sofa in a normal shape. I've told him to use the bit of it with a leg rest. He doesn't like it. I don't blame him, it does make you sweaty because it is pretend leather. AKA plastic.
He is going to see a doctor tonight about his sinus'. I'll tell him to mention it to him.

HermioneHatesHoovering Thu 01-Nov-12 08:20:36

Do some research into Magnesium.

ripsishere Fri 02-Nov-12 00:20:24

I'll have a look at that Hermione. He was at the doctor last night about sinusitis. Mentioned his legs and the doctor advised him, in all seriousness, to change jobs so he could sit down more.

Footle Fri 02-Nov-12 07:12:49

ripsishere Sun 04-Nov-12 15:18:55

Sorry for the break, real life got in the way.
He doesn't' take any tablets at all. He's pretty healthy on the whole. He is currently having antihistamines and decongestants because of nose hole blockages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now