Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So I passed out in H+M today...

(37 Posts)

Not just because the clothes my DD2 was looking at were so awful either....

Drove to see DD2 at University yesterday. Felt a bit weird.. hard to describe but like my lungs were itching inside and my throat and shoulders ached.. very odd. Spent the evening feeling a bit odd but managed ok. Then today we headed into town, my chst feeling really tight, itchy inside and my throat sort of cramped. I also felt like I had indigestion, but put that down to last night's chinese!

Walking round H+M I suddenly felt awful.. cold sweaty and knew I was going to faint (thought I was going to die!) lay down on the floor in the changing rooms and everything went black. Came round feeling really weird.

Eventually got up (embarrassed!) and we went back to DDs hall. Every few mins I had to stop because my chest/neck hurt and I was so light headed.

I drove home tonight scared stiff! My chest feels tight, my neck/throat feels like someone is sitting on it and I keep getting dizzy.

I never go to the docs if I can help it but am wondering if I need to,.. would they laugh if I demanded an emergency appointment? I thought I was having a heart attack and while obviously (thankfully) I'm still sitting here, something is wrong!

ParsingFancy Thu 01-Nov-12 01:02:25

NHS Direct for you right now, m'dear.

tak1ngchances Thu 01-Nov-12 01:03:02

Definitely go to the doctor, they won't laugh at you at all and will prob run a few tests to check for blood pressure etc. hope you are ok now & taking good care of yourself

sausagesandwich34 Thu 01-Nov-12 01:03:16

actually I would go to A&E tonight

you could have had a heart attack

my lovely aunt walked round necking indegestion tablets for 3 days after having a heart attack

but you could also just have a virus -get yourself checked out

zillyzilly Thu 01-Nov-12 01:03:39

No they wont laugh. Don't underplay what happened though - overstate it, if anything, to reception.

IME passing out is taken seriously.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Thu 01-Nov-12 01:04:47

They wouldn't laugh, get it checked out asap! Hope everything's ok

Wow thanks for the replies this late at night!
I will go to the docs tomorrow and beg for a same day appointment. My DH is away at the moment and have DS2 with autism so going to A+E is not a possibility unless it gets worse. Right now it's back to how it was yesterday.. tight and feel very odd but ok if I lie still! I have just taken an aspirin tho just in case!!!

piprabbit Thu 01-Nov-12 01:41:16

Do you have a raised temp?

Hope you feel Ok tonight, but if you feel worse at all then please go to A&E asap.

IvanaDvinkYourBlad Thu 01-Nov-12 01:46:24

yikes - you need your vitals checking asap I would have thought - O2 levels, bp etc. NHS direct would send you straight to out of hours / a&e I would have thought. Could be any number of things, how are you now?

No temp.. quite the opposite! Just feel so WRONG. Weird indigestion/ache/ elephant on chest feeling and still light headed. Going to go to bed now and hope it's a bit better tomorrow. I'm not usually worried about my health at all but I am actually scaredsad

piprabbit Thu 01-Nov-12 01:49:56

Medusa - I think you need to call a professional tonight. Please.

Iteotwawki Thu 01-Nov-12 02:01:13

One of the many differential diagnoses for what you're describing is a heart attack. Please go and get checked out.

GupX Thu 01-Nov-12 02:13:37

Also sounds like pneumonia.

Have you had a chest infection recently?

ripsishere Thu 01-Nov-12 02:19:36

I agree with contacting a professional tonight. Even if it is just by phone.
Good luck and get well soon.

TanteRose Thu 01-Nov-12 02:19:48

just to say, NEVER be worried about calling an ambulance if you think you need to

that is what they are there for

hope you are OK

IvanaDvinkYourBlad Thu 01-Nov-12 02:23:04

It is serious enough for your body to have temporarily shut down, whether due to infection, blockage, bronchial problems, heart rate etc etc. Are you able to speak with someone? Perhaps a paramedic would come out to you, as driving in your state would be rather dangerous.

ParsingFancy Thu 01-Nov-12 11:28:06

Medusa, how are you this morning?

Please tell us you're going in to your GP or A&E this morning.

Mycatcoco Thu 01-Nov-12 13:20:31

And PLEASE don't drive again until you have it sorted. You could kill yourself and lots of others too!

bacon Thu 01-Nov-12 13:56:42

could be a panic attack - if nothing comes up in tests could be anxiety/stress.

FrighteningPuffin Thu 01-Nov-12 13:58:52

Medusa Really hope you have been to the doctors <stern> and are feeling a bit better today.

FelixDaSouza Thu 01-Nov-12 14:01:55

Please don't take chances with your health. Hopefully you will be all checked out by now anyway.

I have the docs at 5pm...(which is a miracle for them!) Still feeling really not right , but as I have survived the night I'm hoping it's nothing serious. I have spent all day not moving as when I do the pain comes backsad

ParsingFancy Thu 01-Nov-12 16:29:08

shock at long wait. Very glad you're going, though, and that you've been been able to sit still meanwhile.

Good luck.

BillyBollyBandy Thu 01-Nov-12 16:37:43

How frightening! Think you should have seen a medic sooner tbh but fingers crossed it is nothing serious.

HerRoyalNotness Thu 01-Nov-12 16:38:59

I was thinking of you this am, and am glad you got through the night. I hope your doctor finds out what ails you and it's easily fixed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now