Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

WTF is Noriday? Contraceptive pill prescribed to me today

(6 Posts)
Katiekitty Wed 31-Oct-12 21:44:13

Noriday.

A new Contraceptive Pill prescribed to me today after years of Microgynon.

Never heard of it, but they think it's better for me.

Progesterone only, no seven-day break, three-hour window, off I go, apparently.

Any wisdom?

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 31-Oct-12 22:06:05

it'll be a mini-pill so you take it every day with no breaks. I havent tried it but was on cerazette for a few years (a different mini-pill) - cerazette has a 12 hour window unlike the 3 hour window of the other mini-pills. Why have you been moved from the combined pill?

www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex-and-relationships/medicines/noriday.html

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Wed 31-Oct-12 22:08:13

Yes its a mini pill, progesterone only. Mostly people get Cerazette now (12 hour window to take it) I tried it donkeys years ago but didn't get on with it at all. I also loved Microgynon though grin

Katiekitty Wed 31-Oct-12 22:13:13

Thanks both for replies, been moved off Microgynon because of high blood pressure.

I'm a bit worried about the three hour window to be honest after having the 12 hour one for years. When's best to take it? 8pm??? confused

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 31-Oct-12 22:27:03

I take mine in the morning so that I am awake to remember to take it whereas if you forget at night you will be asleep and not able to take it.

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Wed 31-Oct-12 23:00:27

I used to take mine at bedtime every day, the time I got up would vary but I generally went to bed at the same time. Nowadays I would probably take it in the morning - I have to get up in the mornings these days grin

But it is easy to forget - I have a Mirena now and it's fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now