Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should athlete's foot hurt so much you are tempted to cut your toe off?

(21 Posts)
hugoagogo Wed 31-Oct-12 21:39:59

I have athletes foot (I think) I've had it on and off for years between my little toe and the next one on my left foot:it comes I treat it, it goes, no biggie.

Recently though I have had a bit of irritation between my big toe and the next on the same foot. I thought it was probably a bit of hard skin on the ball of my foot scraping between my toes. (I'm painting a pretty picture here aren't I? grin)

Yesterday it was really getting on my wick, so I had a good look and the skin on the side of my big toe was just peeling off, so I cleaned it with surgical spirit and applied athletes foot powder. I have washed it, cleaned it with tea tree oil, dabbed powder on it and now my whole toe is throbbing like mad and I am considering amputation. sad

What to do?

Footle Wed 31-Oct-12 22:49:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DeadQODy Wed 31-Oct-12 22:53:28

It's great when you fiddle with something .... I have had a verruca for years but have suddenly, a month ago, decided it needed to go.
3 x cryo at the drs and then last night, excision under la.

Oh my actual god the pain.

Verruca didn't hurt

FriedSprout Wed 31-Oct-12 22:53:45

No expert, but sounds like an infection to me. What she said ^

DoingTheSwanThing Wed 31-Oct-12 22:54:59

could have something to do with the tea tree oil in an open wound... makes my eyes water!

hugoagogo Thu 01-Nov-12 13:56:07

Ouchy dead That sounds hardcore. shock

My throbby toe is a lot less throbby today grin

I had a good look at after I got out of the bath this morning and it looks about the size of a penny on the side of my big toe-a big red sore. bleughh

Anyway, it's less itchy and less sore so I am assuming the 'treatment' is starting to work.

I will keep you up to date if you can stand the excitement. grin

digerd Thu 01-Nov-12 18:40:20

Think culprit is the surgical spirit, not to be used on an open wound/torn skin.
We used surgical spirit on our toes to harden and desensitise the skin when ballet dancing in point shoes

hugoagogo Thu 01-Nov-12 19:26:52

I used surgical spirit on my cs wound with great effect, as it dries and cleans. grin

It feels better tonight, I think the traipsing around with dd trick or treating last night added to the throbbing a bit as well.

Wallace Thu 01-Nov-12 19:37:14

Are you me?

I have athletes foot between the same toes.

Recently I have also had " bit of irritation between my big toe and the next on the same foot"

Hooray a yucky foot twin grin

hugoagogo Thu 01-Nov-12 20:04:16

<Checks self> No I'm not you, unless you are currently watching downton abbey and mumsnetting instead of writing an essay? grin

So how are treating your fungus?

hugoagogo Thu 01-Nov-12 20:06:47

sings - (belatedly) 'This foot is your foot, this foot is my ,foot o wait that's&#65279; your foot, no. wait, it's my foot.' grin

hugoagogo Thu 01-Nov-12 20:07:41

&#65279?? confused What happened here?

Wallace Thu 01-Nov-12 21:38:43

It's spreading to your brain grin

Wallace Thu 01-Nov-12 21:40:48

I just use athletes' foot powder/cream. The bit in between my big toe is going away now I have just started ignoring it... I think it might be not be athletes' foot because it started to go away when i stopped using the cream/making sure I washed really thoroughly with soap...

hugoagogo Thu 01-Nov-12 21:43:37

It would explain a lot. wink

NellyBluth Thu 01-Nov-12 21:53:41

DP's longest lasting present to me is athlete's foot hmm Bastard

I use the spray, but I've got about a dozen bottles around the house so that wherever I am when I take my shoes off or put them on I can find some.

hugoagogo Thu 01-Nov-12 21:56:21

My poor foot is freezing right now,(the heating has gone off) but I am cheering myself up with the thought that it will stop the fungus from multiplying. <deluded>

QOD Sat 03-Nov-12 23:20:57

I wonder if I can upload a photo of my foot? I'll try ... You'll want to gouge your eyes out

QOD Sat 03-Nov-12 23:25:28

Ewwwwww

NormanTheForeman Sat 03-Nov-12 23:32:37

Are you using Mycil powder or something like that? If so, STOP IT AT ONCE!!!!!!! And get some Lamisil cream/ointment. It's the business and sorts athlete's foot really quickly. Really.

hugoagogo Fri 09-Nov-12 23:01:26

<fuck me qod that verruca looks well ouchy>

My athletes foot is soo betterer, tea tree is the bomb! it was all pink new skin after 3 days.

I wonder what other things it can do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now