Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Disappearing lump inside vagina

(9 Posts)
Servalan Wed 31-Oct-12 11:24:33

A couple of days ago I found a hard lump, about an inch across each way, on the back wall of my vagina quite high up - near the cervix - but could feel the cervix too so wasn't the cervix IYSWIM! I was nearing the end of my period at the time. Had a routine smear test about 3 months ago and nothing dodgy was picked up then

I've been a bit freaked out - couldn't see doc at the time because it was the weekend and haven't been to see doc yet this week due to half term and child care issues - planned to some time this week.

Anyway, today I've checked again and the lump seems to have gone.

Don't know whether I still need to see a doc if it's gone now - don't want to waste anyone's time, but don't know if it's something I should speak to someone about in case?

Has anyone ever had anything similar?

Servalan Wed 31-Oct-12 12:30:09

bump

ggirl Wed 31-Oct-12 12:33:50

could it have been stool from your bowel that you were feeling?
applauds your ability to examine your own cervix

worth asking gp about it

digerd Wed 31-Oct-12 16:01:22

If the lump was near your anus, it could have been a hard bit of poo left in it that you got rid of later
As ggirl said and ditto about you being able to touch your Cervix.

Servalan Wed 31-Oct-12 21:21:03

Thanks for the replies - pretty funny that it was very likely just a bit of poo that was making me worry I might be seriously ill all weekend!! There has to be a moral in that somewhere...

<btw - I assumed every woman could touch their cervix?! Maybe mine is just unusually low... confused grin>

digerd Thu 01-Nov-12 18:54:11

Curious OP how long is your longest finger? Mine is only 3".

needsadviceplease Thu 01-Nov-12 20:44:58

Not helpful to the OP (but looks like you've found a probable and v reassuring answer already, hurrah) - but I too can touch my cervix very easily. Assumed everyone could! It was one of the earliest indications I was pg, when it was too early to test...

Servalan Fri 02-Nov-12 09:56:06

erm... <scuttles off to get ruler> 2 and a half inches blush

very relieved needsadvice that you have come along as I was starting to wonder if I was a total freak <hoiks up cervix> grin

digerd Fri 02-Nov-12 15:44:14

Actually, I remembered last night, that I did have a finger test at GP a few years ago, when diagnosed with a slight prolapse of my womb and bladder - sighs at the annoying ageing process - so she managed it. Suppose I never really tried. But makes me wonder how my late DH got "it" all in???!!! At my mature age I pride myself on my knowledge of my body, and now feel a bit sheepish. But learnt something knew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now