Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Periods after miscarriage, is this normal?

(1 Post)
COCKadoodledooo Wed 31-Oct-12 11:22:26

I had a mc at just over 11 weeks mid-June. It was described by the consultant as 'pretty nasty' (needed 3 litres of fluids during, more after, plus was taken to theatre for immediate middle of the night erpc when my blood pressure dropped to 80/39).
My first period came about 4 weeks after the initial blood loss stopped. Since then the longest gap between them has been 2.5 weeks, and last night I started my fourth in 6 weeks.
They're heavy, last 5 days to a week, painful and occasionally vomit-inducing. Constipation a few days before, the runs the day they start.
If this is normal following mc, how long until it gets better please?! If not, what can I do about it? I feel hideous. We're away on holiday atm and it's debilitating. I really don't feel up to doing anything today and that's after a nurofen/co-codamol/berocca cocktail!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now