Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lyrica ...weight gain??

(3 Posts)
val4 Wed 31-Oct-12 09:19:22

Hi, would love to hear any personal experience of this drug. Am currently on 25mg per day but will increase dose weekly. Is weight gain inevitable on low dosage? Is it due to increase in appetite or fluid retention or lack of activity (due to it zonking you out!!??).. Am really nervous of this drug but am at my wits end ...but do NOT want to gain weight! Thankyou.

Tuttutitlookslikerain Wed 31-Oct-12 09:37:00

I took it for 4 years. I did put on weight and had trouble shifting that last 9lbs. I had water retention, my hands and feet swelled up. I kept going back to my GP they did bloods, couldn't find anything wrong so I got on with it.

This Summer I mentioned it to my pain consultant, he said it would be the Lyrica, so I asked to change to Gabapentin. Once I had changed over,I had lost that last 9lbs within a week, I don't retain water anymore and my hands and feet have stopped swelling.

One other thing I found out when I googled, in America a lot of people are looking into legal action because they have lost up to 15 teeth on Lyrica because they just snap. 3 of mine snapped for no reason!

val4 Wed 31-Oct-12 11:24:13

Gosh that sounds awful. What dose were you on? Did you notice anything on low dosage?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now