Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please hold my hand. Norovirus.

(14 Posts)
FraterculaArctica Wed 31-Oct-12 01:03:57

Have never felt so ill - can't sleep because of stomach cramps. Sitting up on the sofa with a glass of weak squash. Anyone there to hold my hand for a bit?

IHeartKingThistle Wed 31-Oct-12 01:23:15

Oh, it's so awful, you can have some sympathy from me! (Not my hand though - it's quite contagious grin)

You will feel better. And I believe it has a 4 month immunity so you won't have to worry about it getting you at Christmas.

helpyourself Wed 31-Oct-12 01:30:04

Oh poor you!
Great that you're sipping squash though so you don't get dehydrated.

StarsGhostTail Wed 31-Oct-12 01:42:16

Long distance (bug avoiding) hand holding.
Sending speedy recovery and getting some sleep vibes your way.

ShavingPrimateRyan Wed 31-Oct-12 03:14:21

Poor you sad I had that 4 years ago it was awful. If I could give you any advice it would be to leave it 24 hours after feeling better to eat because my stomach was so weak after all the vomiting it brought it straight back up again. Hope you feel better soon !

Tinkerisdead Wed 31-Oct-12 03:42:11

Oh poor you its horrific. We got it once at a holiday park. Dd was about 2 and luckily didnt catch it but no-one would come and take her for us. Dh and i had her watching cbeebies whilst we ran in and out of the toilet in relay.

I have never felt so ill in my life. I was actually frightened by it, i kept thinking no i'm so ill it must be something worse. I was crying at some points i dont mind telling you. If you can try to find some mindless crap to put on tv as it really helps you to not sit focusing on that consuming sick feeling.

FraterculaArctica Wed 31-Oct-12 17:45:28

Thanks all. Sorry went to sleep so didn't reply to your friendly nighttime messages. Stopped being sick about midnight, just very weak today with splitting headache.

bumpybecky Wed 31-Oct-12 17:47:38

keep drinking, little and often, headache is likely to be due to dehydration

hope you're feeling much better soon

CalamityKate Wed 31-Oct-12 18:05:19

Oh poor you it's horrific xx

Me and the 2 boys had it all at the same time once. They were about 1 and 2 I think. Just awful - I've never felt so ill in my life. It's the first and only time I've been unable to keep even a sip of water down and I agree it is scary. I was desperately thirsty but even a teaspoonful came up ten minutes later.

Hope you feel better soon xx

goinnowhere Wed 31-Oct-12 18:13:47

I have this. It is awful. I feel so achy and sore even though I have stopped vomiting. Sympathy.

FraterculaArctica Wed 31-Oct-12 18:15:36

goinnowhere sounds like we're in the same boat! Virtual hand holding, hope we both recover soon.

goinnowhere Wed 31-Oct-12 18:50:36

Hope so!

BeatTheClock Wed 31-Oct-12 19:00:37

Poor yousad Hope you feel a bit better soon. Norovirus is horrible. My mother caught it once with 30 minutes of attending a hospital appointment. By that I mean she entered the building right as rain and within 30mins was being violently ill. She couldn't believe how fast it came onsad

I hate hate hate anything to do with stomach bugs/viruses. They are the worst. Keep going with the squash.

shitmagnet Wed 31-Oct-12 20:01:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now