Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

High platelet count- Help!

(1 Post)
12ylnon Tue 30-Oct-12 15:47:47

I just had a call from the doctors to say that they're referring me to hospital as i have a high platelet count. It was a receptionist that i spoke too and she had no idea what that ment, so she's booked me in to speak to a doctor tomorrow afternoon, but until then, i just have to drive myself nuts wondering what it could be! I just googled it- big mistake! Does anyone have experience of a high platelet count?

I'm 9 weeks pregnant, and the blood test was done as routine at my booking appointment. I had a stomach bug at the time, but i don't know if that could affect the results? I'm so scared as this is my fourth pregnancy after 1 healthy baby and two miscarriages, it's taken us two years to conceive and i read that high platelet count during pregnancy has nearly a 50% chance of miscarriage.

I'm also concerned that having to wait for an appointment with a haematologist at could cause harm to the baby as it usually takes months.

Please help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now