Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone know anything about sinusitis?

(8 Posts)
Flumpyflumps Mon 29-Oct-12 20:14:23

Hiya,
I am due to go on a flight tomorrow and have a feeling I have a sinus infection brewing.
My questions:
Is it sinusitis when you feel like you have toothache?
Is there anything over the counter I can have to relieve this on the plane, anything that actually works?

I'm thinking a descent in a plane is gonna be painful!!

Any help gratefully received.

Tazmosis Mon 29-Oct-12 20:17:26

Sinusitis makes your face ache just above your teeth usually. Take Sudafed or Sinutab they both work. All take a hanky with oblast oil on as that helps too.

Tazmosis Mon 29-Oct-12 20:17:38

olbas

Flumpyflumps Mon 29-Oct-12 20:22:16

Thanks! DH reckons only thing that will clear it will be anti biotics.
Pressure is just above teeth so yes sounds like it.
If I def need anti biotics I'll need to try to see the doc quick smart tmrw morning.
If not I'll just go to the chemist.

brighthair Mon 29-Oct-12 20:24:03

Steam and more steam, menthol crystals are good and cheap but you only need a tiny bit

Flumpyflumps Mon 29-Oct-12 20:34:13

Menthol crystals you say? Can you buy them in chemist? Sorry, would I find them next to the Vicks?

brighthair Mon 29-Oct-12 21:03:00

Yes chemist. May have to ask for them, usually £1 or so but quite old fashioned now! Drop a few in a bowl of hot water and blast your nose open grin

Flumpyflumps Mon 29-Oct-12 21:13:04

Thanks brighthair will hotfoot it to chemist first thing, really don't fancy a descent in a plane with one side of face bunged like this. Not as bad as poster about facial pain, that sounds awful, feel lucky right now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now