Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nork related.

(9 Posts)
CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Mon 29-Oct-12 02:14:44

If you had a sore nipple, and when you rubbed it (because it was sore), and you heard a 'pop' like a large spot, and then you had lots of pus come out if it, like milk would, but definitely pus, with a tiny bit of blood at the end, what would you do or think?

I don't know how odd or unusual this is, and I don't want to consult Dr Google in case I scare myself.

Getting to the GP this week isn't going to happen - it's half term, I have all 4 DC's all week on my own, and can't get out and about as DS1 only had his appendix out a week ago.

No help either, as my friends that usually help are both on holiday this week.

But anyway, WWYD/WWYThink?

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Mon 29-Oct-12 02:17:18

I get a bit worried about anything Nork related due to a MASSIVE family history of breast cancer - in fact it's the only thing women have died of in my mothers family for the last 3 generations.

Added to that my mother's mum has had a mastectomy 6 years ago, her sister (my great aunt) died from breast cancer at just 42, my mother had her first cancerous lump removed at just 27..,

I'm 31.

vixcyn Mon 29-Oct-12 02:18:25

Couthy, did you have any sort of bug bite! Bra abrasion? How is it now?

vixcyn Mon 29-Oct-12 02:19:24

Ohhh..yes, I can see how that would be scary. I wish I could give you comfort...

wishiwasonholiday Mon 29-Oct-12 02:21:16

Could you ring your gp and see if they can give you any advice over the phone or put your mind at rest?

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Mon 29-Oct-12 02:23:09

Nope, no bug bite.

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Mon 29-Oct-12 02:24:19

GP never has time to do stuff like that. You get collared by the Receptionist.

wishiwasonholiday Mon 29-Oct-12 02:29:12

We must be lucky then, we have a duty doctor each day as I can never go in (I'm a cm so often have 6 kids with me) and you always speak to them if you need an appointment so they can try and deal with you over the phone first.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 29-Oct-12 10:01:25

I'd go and get it seen by GP - probably nothing scary, but definitely needs checking - lots of luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now