Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diagnose me!

(12 Posts)
MaggieMcVitie Sat 27-Oct-12 17:36:02

Ok, I think this is probably some 'weird virus thing' but was wondering if any of you have any other ideas...

On Weds and Thurs I developed an all over rash (blanched when pressed). Went to docs on Thurs as in addition to rash it felt like someone else had taken my legs for a run and brought them back. He felt it was a 'weird virus thing'. Now my all my joints are swollen and painful (rash has gone though). Had to take wedding ring off this am - t'was a struggle and is usually fairly loose. Knees, ankles, toes, fingers, wrists, elbows, all painful and swollen - odd eh?

Any ideas?

EdsRedeemingQualities Sat 27-Oct-12 17:40:14

You should go back. I'm sure this is a 'thing'.

For some reason Lyme disease comes to mind. I don't know if it's remotely likely.

SugariceAndScary Sat 27-Oct-12 17:47:30

Do you have a temperature and feel like you could sleep for a week?

I had proper flu a few months back and all of my joints were swollen and sore, I felt so so ill.

Probably a nasty virus but always go back to the GP if you're concerned. Hope you feel better soon.

MaggieMcVitie Sat 27-Oct-12 17:51:23

No temp but do feel like I could sleep for ever! Have spent 3 hours in bed this pm - not like me at all blush
Hands feet and knees really itchy too hmm

Wandastartup Sat 27-Oct-12 17:53:54

Parvovirus

MrsHoolie Sat 27-Oct-12 17:56:29

Yep sounds like a virus.
A few months ago I developed a strange rash,and then my hands swelled up,it was agony!I thought I was getting arthritis.

MaggieMcVitie Sat 27-Oct-12 17:57:01

Isn't that something dogs get?!!

SugariceAndScary Sat 27-Oct-12 18:16:14

Parvovirus causes slapped cheek syndrome I think.

Wandastartup Sun 28-Oct-12 17:01:27

It gives adults inflammatory arthritis too. Quite common

MaggieMcVitie Sun 28-Oct-12 18:48:18

Haven't had a rash or redness on my face at all though - surely I would have with slapped cheek? The rash has virtually gone now, just left with painful joints and itchy hands and feet.

Wandastartup Mon 29-Oct-12 22:20:42

Adults don't often got the facial rash. Joints can persist for some time. No specific treatment needed but if it persists go to your Gp as may be non viral.

MaggotMcVitie Tue 30-Oct-12 08:59:14

Wanda thanks so much, I think you are right. I haven't been back to docs but paracetomol/ibuprofen seems to help. Legs and ankles are better now, but wrist and hands still painful and swollen, although think it's hetting slightly better today. Thanks for the help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now