Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Costochondritis and lump in esophagus. I'm freaking out a smidge.

(5 Posts)
FoofyShmooffer Sat 27-Oct-12 12:35:00

I know some on here suffer from Costochondritis and wanted to know if anyone had an additional symptom of what feels like a sore lump in the esophagus? It's like my food won't go down. I had a flare up a week or so ago which heralded the arrival of a sore throat, hoarse voice and itchy cough. 2 days ago I start with this lump in my chest. Its sore and it won't go away.

So I googled. I keep getting Esophageal cancer which my great gran died of so obviously I've run with the ball and am a bit freaked.

Can anyone tell me this is normal and calm the heck down?

Viperidae Sat 27-Oct-12 12:37:06

Look up Globus Hystericus, that is far more common than oesophageal cancer and often relates to stress.

Try to relax and hope you get better soon

TwllBach Sat 27-Oct-12 12:41:54

I had costochondritis at the end of August - I feel your pain sad I didn't have the lumpy thing though. If you're worried you could go back to your doctor? Google is not your friend!

FoofyShmooffer Sat 27-Oct-12 12:47:35

Oh yes I'll go back to the Doc (even though I was there last week when my Costo was so bad I genuinely thought I was having a heart attack) I'm earning my hypochondriacs badge. grin

I just won't get in till Tuesday when the DCs are back at school and that's 3 days for me to worry.

FoofyShmooffer Sat 27-Oct-12 21:15:28

Bump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now