Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really embarassed and do not know what to do - anyone had this before?

(19 Posts)
secrethistory Thu 25-Oct-12 22:25:38

Thank you for reading this, I have changed my name as I would be mortified if anyone guessed who I was.

I have an embarassing problem, never experienced this before.

Since yesterday I have had a really sore anus as if its been cut. I've never had piles before and thought maybe I had. Had a check and nothing, no itching etc. Anyway it has got worse and today it hurts when I sit or move.

For the last few weeks I have had really loose stools so I know I have not been straining, I eat a lot of fruit and veg so get plenty of fiber and never constipated. In fact every morning I do a poo about 10 mins after waking without fail. Lately some days I have gone twice. But lately its very smelly!

Anyway this afternoon I kept getting a horrible smell then to my horror my child told me my bottom smells when I was reading a bed time story, I went to the toilet and could see discharge near the bottom part of my knickers and there was a horrible smell on my pants and jeans. I was so upset, I had a tea tree oil bath and I have now put a pad on to see what colour the discharge is as my pants were black.

What is this? I can't get off work tomorrow but will see if I can get a late GP app and leave early. But I am so embarassed to go to my GP, they will have to look at my bottom. Sounds silly but I feel so disgusted with myself. Anyone experience this?

Thank you

The black sounds like old blood. My guess is that you have an anal fissure. I had one of those from having DD and it still opens occassionally.

Its a small tear in your anus. I remember mine had a smell at the start too.

Im not a doc though.

bramblina Thu 25-Oct-12 22:32:33

Perhaps worth a try having a look at the Embarrassing Bodies Website?

bonhomiee Thu 25-Oct-12 22:33:55

If you have not really had any bleeding, slime or diarrhoea frequently which might indicate some bowel disease, I think this is likely to be a peri anal abscess or discharging fistula or sinus... when a hair is trapped under the skin and causes infection.
Check for fever and show the doctor ..better to let them see what is going on and get it sorted out
Good luck smile

bonhomiee Thu 25-Oct-12 22:35:02

yes or anal fissure.. very painful !

straighttohellymelly Thu 25-Oct-12 22:38:06

Does sound like an anal fissure, or a small abcess maybe. Have you felt a bit under the weather? You probably do need antibiotics so need to see your GP. I would be cringing too, in your place, I don't know why, its so silly, its just a bottom, we all have one, your GP could have had the same thing at some point, but I understand you feeling horrified at having to show a Doc. I had a bad fall recently and the Doc put a finger up my rear end and made me <can barely type it> squeeze it, to check for nerve damage . Mortifying, but I was so worried I'd damaged my spine that it took the edge off the embarrassment. Your GP will see bottoms every day, just grit your teeth and go, it will be less awful than you imagine. Hope yo are better soon.

ChristmasKate Thu 25-Oct-12 22:39:33

I agree with the above posts.

If you see a doctor they will be able to treat you and make it better, trust me they have seen every nook and cranny to ever be seen and will not be phased one jot with you symptoms.

secrethistory Thu 25-Oct-12 22:44:07

Hello, sorry the black was not on my pants. I meant the I was wearing black pants but could see discharge. I could not see what colour it was. I just checked the pad and there is nothing on it but the smell is already back. Just had a quick google and it sounds like I have an anal fissure but it say caused by constipation, (I have the opposite, been three times today and not had a hard stool for weeks). Anal sex (not me), std's my partner and I rarely go out these days and together all the time so no time for affairs ;), childbirth (been three years and I did not tear or have any problems after), can't remember the rest but nothing that stuck out to me. This started yesterday, on Friday I felt very rough with a headache and all weekend, I lost my voice on Monday and I've had a tickly cough with horse voice since but I feel ok. Maybe its an infection of some kind. Someone also mentioned a hair under the skin. I get waxed around my bottom as I like it smooth and they go near my anus so that maybe a possibility?

kige Thu 25-Oct-12 22:44:23

Definitely go to doctor. They have seen hundreds or even thousands of bums and will not worry about seeing another one. They will treat you and you will get sorted so try and focus on that. There is no need to be disgusted - everyone has a bum! And sometime bodies malfunction!

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 25-Oct-12 22:58:38

Another voice to say that you DO need to go to the docs. And yes, they'll need to look at your bum!

There's lots of things it could be, from infection to colitis-y type things, but even 100 people on a thread wont be able to diagnose you, but a dr will!

oopslateagain Thu 25-Oct-12 22:59:01

I've had this a few times because I have stomach problems and sometimes get very loose and smelly stools for a few days, it makes my anus a bit sore but a few times it has got suddenly VERY sore, felt a bit like a paper cut, and there was a bit of discharge too.

I have to admit, I've never been to the doctor with it. I am pretty sure what is is, and when I get it, I wash every time I go to the loo (not just to poo), then put on some Germolene followed by Sudocreme. It usually goes away after about 3 or 4 days.

Having said that, if you are worried, it's always a good idea to check with your doctor. He won't be embarrassed and he won't embarrass you.

lucyellenmum Thu 25-Oct-12 23:05:02

Step away from the google button and pick up the phone and make an appointment for your GP.

If ever i get a bout of the trots i do get a very sore bottom, that could just be that.

HappyTurquoise Thu 25-Oct-12 23:05:38

GO TO THE DOCTOR. Please, just get it properly checked out. I've got a friend who ignored this type of thing and became very ill. Doctors could have done more for her if she had gone sooner. I am not going to say what it is she has, but just that doctors can't help you unless they see you.

Eurostar Thu 25-Oct-12 23:08:51

As above. Please go to the Dr. You say you go for waxing, then this will be easier and probably less painful.

bonhomiee Thu 25-Oct-12 23:10:02

if you have only had this for one day and don't feel ill, you could try a warm shower / bath tonight and again tomorrow am with sudocrem overnight and cool air on the area. If no better in am phone the doc

arghhhmiddleage Thu 25-Oct-12 23:13:26

Looking at a bum is an everyday experience for a GP. And I promise you some of them will be far more unpleasant than yours smile. If it smells you probably need some antibiotics, so just go and get it sorted.

TapirsTerrifyTerribly Fri 26-Oct-12 04:46:46

It's also possible to have a fissure caused by very loose and frequent stools; it all puts stress on the interior walls of the rectum.

Please please go to the dr, (and stop googling) - they're there to help you!

gingeroots Fri 26-Oct-12 08:51:04

Just to say poor you .

I eventually had an op for my urinary incontinence but before I got there I was really distressed my 3 year olds comments about my funny smell than anything else .

It destroyed my sense of self worth !

fluffiphlox Fri 26-Oct-12 09:56:08

And I would get that 'horse voice' sorted too. smile Seriously the quack has seen it ALL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now