Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please help, is this the endo or something else?

(10 Posts)
MummysHappyPills Thu 25-Oct-12 15:25:41

Had lap in may after getting cyclical left leg and hip pain. Minimal endo was found on left side and diathermied and mirena fitted. Still continued to get the same pain so went back a few months later and they said they couldn't understand why I was still getting pain.

Since then I have had this grumbling pain that varies in severity and is on/off. Mirena has stopped period which is good, but pain has still continued in a vaguely cyclical pattern. Only now I seem to be getting it on the right side as well. Today it is BAD! The gynae at my last apt tried to suggest it may be constipation that is causing/exacerbating it, but today I got the pain immediately before a bowel movement and the pain was excruciating into my right groin, pelvis and bottom. But it was not a constipated bowel movement iyswim? When I had finished I had heaviness and pain in my bottom and it felt like there was still more up there, so I know this is disgusting but I put my finger up there, just because the pain was so intense if there was anything up there I needed to get it out. Basically I can feel a big mass in the front wall pushing in to my rectum that was tender to touch. I know they said I had a retroverted uterus, and I wonder if this could actually be causing obstruction in my bowel?

What should I do? I only had my lap in may and saw my gynae in August and it seemed they weren't really in a hurry to do anymore at this stage. What else could my gp do?

Will probably name change after this thread but can't be bothered now as on my phone!

MummysHappyPills Thu 25-Oct-12 21:37:13

Shameless bump! wink

EscapeInTheCity Thu 25-Oct-12 21:42:35

Go back to your GP and explain exactly what you have told us.
It might be the uterus that is retrovert (but if it so much that it impact your bowel movements, the it is an issue).
It might be something else (Have you had any scans recently?).
When they did the lap, did they check for any endo on the bowels?

MummysHappyPills Thu 25-Oct-12 21:47:52

Yes I guess they did check for endo on the bowel, I had a diagnostic lap so I assume they would have had a good look.

All this weird pain started after having dd. that's why I wonder if the uterus has gone down into a weird position. I always used to have period pain in my tummy, now pain is in my back, legs, bottom as well.

MummysHappyPills Fri 26-Oct-12 16:51:26

Ok so gp didn't believe me. Said my symptoms sounded very "confusing" and he can't work it out. Writing a letter to refer me back, and said I can go back to somewhere else if I like. I could just tell by the way he spoke to me that he thought I was mental. Feel really shit now. You can get endo pain in your legs right? When I mentioned that this is where I usually get me endo pain, he said he had never heard of that before. What a prize cock. Thing is I bet my referral letter will be very sarcastic in its tone, so I will probably be labelled with the new consultant before I walk in the door. I wish I hadn't bothered now - I left the last gynae apt feeling like I was basically on my own so might as well just get on with it, but after all the pain yesterday I just felt like I should do something now. Thoroughly pissed off.

MummysHappyPills Fri 26-Oct-12 20:30:04

Are there any other endo sufferers out there who can help make me feel better?sad

Where is atilla when you need her?!grin

AvonCallingBarksdale Fri 26-Oct-12 20:53:14

OP, you definitely can get endo pains in your legs. There's something called sciatic endo, which radiates down the backs of your legs. I don't think all GPs are as clued up on endo as they should be, and it sounds like you've got one of those sad

MummysHappyPills Fri 26-Oct-12 21:12:06

I've been so upset this evening, I've been trying to just put up with the pain, but I finally decided I really needed to go back but was just made to feel like I was a bit mental/making it up.

At least I got a referral letter. I am just hoping I can use it to go to an endo centre in the next county, as I hope they will be a bit more sympathetic and knowledgeable.

I know there must be patients out there who make up or exaggerate their symptoms, but I am not one of them. I have absolutely nothing to gain from this, I am a busy medical student and mother so I can't and don't take time off, and it's not something I tell people about so I am not looking for sympathy. If he was going to give me the referral anyway, why could he not just pretend to be sympathetic? At least then I wouldn't feel so belittled and stupid. sad

AvonCallingBarksdale Fri 26-Oct-12 21:58:39

HAve you looked on www.endometriosis-uk.org ? THink there's some useful infor and supportive chatrooms on there. Good luck.

MummysHappyPills Fri 26-Oct-12 22:05:26

Thanks for the link. Yes I have looked on those sites before, in fact have another thread going! Can just be quite slow moving is all! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now