Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Seroxat for pnd does it cause weight gain?

(7 Posts)
3plus2 Thu 25-Oct-12 13:04:56

I've been prescribed this at 20mg a day but it mentions weight gain a lot on google ? I'm worried gaining weight will cause my pnd to become worse? I can't really afford to gain any more as I'm quite big as it is. Anyone else on this medication ? What experience do you have with it?

fedupandtired Thu 25-Oct-12 14:41:34

I didn't gain weight whilst on it but everyone's different.

3plus2 Thu 25-Oct-12 15:43:33

Did you struggle to come off it????

Fairyloo Thu 25-Oct-12 15:45:21

Weight gain is the least of your worries, get your mood sorted and then address your weight if it becomes a problem

Most important thing is your mood

3plus2 Thu 25-Oct-12 15:53:39

I am aware if this but I'm am a Size 18 I do not want to make my health worse by putting on 2 stone further. Also the side effects say it's very addictive , this also scares me

SausagesMightFly Thu 25-Oct-12 22:23:27

I didn't put weight on; in fact I even lost weight because I became more active. It did wonders for me and it wasn't a problem when I came off it. I think I was taking it for 18 months and didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. The doctor decreased the dose gradually.

3plus2 Fri 26-Oct-12 04:36:55

Thank you, this is so confusing as heard lots of different things quite a lot of bad too. Di you take it at night or morning ? I took it at lunchtime and wanted to sleep all day :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now