Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Recommend a rheumy

(6 Posts)
crazymare20 Wed 24-Oct-12 14:18:35

I'm thinking of going private to get a diagnosis and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a rheumy preferable in Yorkshire area but would be willing to go further afield

SparkleRainbow Wed 24-Oct-12 16:46:44

Not in Yorkshire, but can recommend some and recommend avoidance of some if you need to look further afield. Pm me if you need more options when others have responded to you.

crazymare20 Wed 24-Oct-12 21:41:50

Sparkle rainbow I would appreciate it thank you. I'm on my phone so not sure how to message you

sashh Thu 25-Oct-12 06:15:52

If you are prepared to go to London Carol Black at UCL. Actually she is proffesor Black and I'm not sure she hasn't gone into just acedemia.

I also had good treatment at the Nuffield in Oxford. I saw John Outhwaite - really nice and actually appologised for not realising my thyroid wasn't working and that's why the meds were not getting into my system as they should. When I moved to London he referred me to Prof Black so I wouldn't have to start again with a GP referal or be refred to someone else.

http://www.noc.nhs.uk/

I've only seen these doctos as an NHS patient but both have been excelent.

crashdoll Thu 25-Oct-12 08:04:23

If you're prepared to go to London, then St. Thomas' has a fantastic reputation. Patients go from all over the country to be treated there - NHS and private. They run a Lupus clinic but also deal with other autoimmune disorders such as; Sjogren's.

My rheumatologist isn't bad but she isn't fantastic either and I'm thinking of asking to be referred for another opinion.

savemefromrickets Thu 25-Oct-12 08:08:06

Why didn't I think of asking here? I've ended up with a grumpy one who is always at least an hour late and thinks he is god.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now