Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chicken Pox spots scabbing not crusting?

(3 Posts)
Knittingnovice Wed 24-Oct-12 08:31:46

DS has chicken pox, (DH took him to the GP, and was told it was chicken pox)

However everything I have asked Dr Google says that the spots should look like little blisters, then crust over.

DS's do not look like little blisters and are now definitely scabbing over rather than crusting.

He hasn't complained of being itchy or been unwell in any other way.

Is this still likely to be chicken pox or is there another type of spot based disease that scabs over? Or do chicken pox spots scab. Most of the spots are scabbed over now, but he has a lot in his groin and DS won't let me look at them.

Can any wise Mumnetter help me, I am going crazy having been inside since last Thursday

Thank You

(am also going to post in childrens health)

Runningblue Thu 25-Oct-12 22:29:49

Hand foot and mouth can give similar looking spots - non itchy.
My friends dd was diagnosed by her gp as having chicken pox, but she then got cp months later, at which point gp conceded the 1st time was hand foot mouth..

EthelredOnAGoodDay Thu 25-Oct-12 22:34:10

DD has just had quite a bout of CP and hers definitely scabbed rather than crusting. I had it when I was about 10 and I recall that they also scabbed...
Hope you are soon through it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now