Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

please help me with my very hurty wrist. Its making me feel really crap.

(14 Posts)
MrsDeVere Tue 23-Oct-12 20:21:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CrocodileDundee Tue 23-Oct-12 20:34:16

Could you get a wrist splint to wear in the evening? I found this gave some relief, or anti-inflammatories and one of those long microwave heat packs wrapped around it?

It is a horrible pain, I hope you get some relief.

MrsDeVere Tue 23-Oct-12 20:37:19

FangsGoForTheMaidensThroat Tue 23-Oct-12 20:40:56

Sounds like nerve pain, I would go to GP and get decent painkillers and physio referral (nerve pain veteran here).

FangsGoForTheMaidensThroat Tue 23-Oct-12 20:41:41

Could.be from your neck or elbow, I get severe hand pain from my neck

CrocodileDundee Tue 23-Oct-12 20:41:44

Yeah, it basically just helps to keep it still, there is a metal bit in the splint so you are unable to bend at the wrist. Annoying if you have to attempt to do anything wearing it, but fine for sitting about in the evening.

I saw some heat packs in poundland recently, if you have one near you?

pepperrabbit Tue 23-Oct-12 20:47:12

Go to the doctors and get a splint, then beg for 2 as they go stinky after a while even though you can wash them by hand/cold water whatever.
Also get a tubeygrip (sp?) which you can wear under the splint for extra support.
I had to wear one full time for two years, I'm a pro grin but for something a little different so don't panic.
Warmth should help, so the heat packs are a good idea.
Also anti inflammatories, but personally didn't like that as a longterm solution.

MrsDeVere Tue 23-Oct-12 20:49:20

FangsGoForTheMaidensThroat Tue 23-Oct-12 20:53:12

I would think its a trapped nerve at your elbow. They will give you lovely drugs and a physio will.give you exercises and a splint. You don't have to suffer the pain smile

digerd Tue 23-Oct-12 20:54:41

MrsDVere.

I have arthritis almost everywhere, but when I get that pain in my wrist, it's the worst, as having to use one hand to do everything is impossible. Once, it was so bad I was sobbing with the pain as had to use it. Wearing a wrist strap didn't help, and imagine doing up your bra in front with one hand - impossible, and sobbed again. Pullling on boots with no zip? Taking tops and jumpers off over my head was a no go, so had to wear buttoned up cardies, which I could undo with the one painless hand. Well, I got really ingenius, as had to. Rhus Tox cream I find effective for finger joints, and tried it on my wrist but didn't help much. Only time helped. And still don't know how it happened so I could try to avoid doing it again. You could try RHUS TOX.

MrsDeVere Tue 23-Oct-12 20:59:58

BikeRunSki Tue 23-Oct-12 21:01:56

I had tendonitis in my wrist a few years ago. It was more painful than labour! It also went in spates and was worse in the evenings. After a few months I saw my GP who reffered me for a steroid injection. It didn't hurt and has been pain free since.

MrsDeVere Tue 23-Oct-12 21:04:36

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 24-Oct-12 22:15:54

I really would see a doctor as there are several things it can be. I had carpal tunnel syndrome I did all the stuff, but ultimately the only thing that worked was the bloody marvellous surgery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now