Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Facing The Worst.

(8 Posts)
Megfox Tue 23-Oct-12 12:51:11

Yesterday, my daughter-in-law phoned me with the worst possible news.

Her husband, my elder son, is in hospital, awaiting results......

They've been told that they should prepare themselves for the probable diagnosis of lymphoma......

Nothing in my life has prepared me to face this - and I'm lost......

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Tue 23-Oct-12 12:59:17

So sorry to hear that Megfox.
You must be so worried.
When will he find out the results?

moleskin Tue 23-Oct-12 13:03:20

So sorry meg sad keeping fingers crossed for you all. Has he been ill for a while. Hope you get some positive news.

runzombierun Tue 23-Oct-12 13:06:01

sad It's the not knowing that's the hardest; the waiting, the worrying (the googling - avoid this if you can), the what-ifs.

Try to think in a positive frame of mind; he's being investigated and 'in the system'. Much can be done to beat lymphoma into remission, it's too early to say what might be needed but there's a considerable arsenal available to treat this condition.

mummylin2495 Tue 23-Oct-12 13:08:11

Oh i am so sorry to see your sad news.Lets hope that if is that then treament can start asap and that your son will be fine eventually.What a terrible shock for you all.

CotedePablo Tue 23-Oct-12 13:28:23

Megfox, my heart goes out to you, what terrible news. I was diagnosed two and a half years ago, and am in fine fettle now, and the outlook for the majority of those with Lymphoma is very good these days. They have new treatments which, though they can be aggressive and hard to get through, can knock it on the head. I found this site invaluable - Lymphoma

magso Tue 23-Oct-12 13:32:16

Waiting is so very difficult. The shock and worry all come at once. I think it is a little easier once the treatment plan is in place. Thinking of you and your family.

LittenTree Wed 24-Oct-12 14:52:12

Funnily enough... DH is having a biopsy in half an hour's time of what we are increasingly believing is a lymphoma.

I don't know how long it will take to get the results, but at least they should be discharging him from hospital after a 3 day stay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now