Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I need to see a Dr?

(5 Posts)
SouthernComforts Tue 23-Oct-12 11:33:56

I was getting into bed last night and I did something to my neck as I lay down. I couldn't move my head, neck or arms and I had shooting pains from the top of my neck down to my shoulder blades. I was stuck in that position for about 40 minutes, dp was massaging my neck and eventually I managed to lie down properly.

Every time I moved the shooting pains came back and when I was still it was just a tight dull ache.

On top of that I've got a chest infection so every time I cough the pain is quite intense.

Today is slightly better but I can't move my head freely, I'm sat with my shoulders hunched and I just tried to brush my hair but gave up.

Please tell me this will go away, preferably by tomorrow when I'm back in work stood up for 8 hours pulling pints sad

BlueChampagne Tue 23-Oct-12 12:49:40

I would - at least for the chest infection. They might also suggest/prescribe some decent painkillers for the neck too. No point suffering if you don't have to! Hope you feel better soon.

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Tue 23-Oct-12 13:00:47

Umm, not sure you sound well enough to go to work.
Go see your GP.

SouthernComforts Tue 23-Oct-12 13:45:40

Thanks for replies, I realise there's not a lot of advice to be given, I was feeling sorry for myself and my unbrushed hair earlier haha.
I can't really take time off, I work part time, I took some painkillers earlier and the pain has eased enough for me to tidy up etc. So I should be fine.

Can't get in at the Drs til Thursday morning so hopefully it will be better by then.

BlueChampagne Wed 24-Oct-12 13:50:56

Hope you're still improving SouthernComforts. Would time and budget stretch to an osteo/chiro/physio appointment?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now