Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Here are the symptoms - what's wrong with me?

(5 Posts)
SkyFell Tue 23-Oct-12 10:28:41

Hello. I have had a sore head/ headache for about 10 days. It is located on one side of my head and it is making me feel dizzy/nauseous. It seems to be worse when I turn my head or stand up suddenly. It almost feels like my brain is playing catch up with my skull as it spins round after it. I can't say it is crippling but it is persistent and the dizziness is really unpleasant. Any thoughts please?

Kewcumber Tue 23-Oct-12 10:29:29

I think you should go see your GP.

FireOverBabylon Tue 23-Oct-12 10:33:47

Could be an ear infection - they affect your balance. I would go and see your GP for any headache that isn't going away through the use of painkillers / sleep, particularly after 10 days.

SkyFell Tue 23-Oct-12 17:09:41

Really don't want to take painkillers in case they are masking the problem. Will go to the doctor if I'm not feeling better tomorrow.

spicandspan Tue 23-Oct-12 17:11:07

Migrane? That can cause dizziness and pain in one side. But yes, I think you need a dr app.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: