Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

sore red patch on my face. It's spreading :(

(20 Posts)
cocolepew Mon 22-Oct-12 22:30:27

I think I have impetigo. Not the spready crusty kind, but the individual blisters. I have cream and anti-biotics and it seems to be helping. I have a patch on my cheek, with is very red and bruised looking. This started out as blisters and has been there for about 3 weeks. The blisters have gone but my cheek is slighty swollen leading up to my eye, it feels like I been punched in it. It's darkish red/bruised looking.

Any ideas?

cocolepew Mon 22-Oct-12 22:56:41

sad

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 22-Oct-12 23:10:53

Is it impetigo or is it ringworm? DD had a form Tinea Faciei as a child and it didn't form in the typical ringworm style, fooled the doctors for weeks. Hers looked more like this, it required an antifungal to treat it and didn't respond at all to antibiotics.

cocolepew Mon 22-Oct-12 23:14:47

Thanks, it doesn't look like that. It seems to be under the skin. The top of my skin looks a bit 'scalded' IYSWIM? I had a tiny cut on my finger and the next day it was falling off very red, the skin was falling off, very raw looking. It was nearly a hole in my finger. After 2 weeks it's now a raw patch.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 22-Oct-12 23:19:23

Could it be a staph infection is it hot to the touch?

cocolepew Mon 22-Oct-12 23:35:07

Yes it is hot. <goes to google>

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 22-Oct-12 23:41:56

Get it checked out.

cocolepew Mon 22-Oct-12 23:44:33

I'll make an appointment tomorrow.
Thanks smile

Marrow Mon 22-Oct-12 23:47:10

Could it be shingles?

cocolepew Tue 23-Oct-12 00:04:00

I've had shingles before and thought I had them a few weeks ago. But now I think it was this. I had surgery 7 weeks ago and I'm pretty run down . I seem to be getting one infection after another.

cocolepew Tue 23-Oct-12 00:05:45

The other blisters are definitely healing . It's just this patch. It's sore, hot, itchy and swollen.

I'm so pretty grin

cocolepew Tue 23-Oct-12 09:07:58

Going to docs at 10. My cheek has really swollen up and it's travelled to my eye (eekk). Thanks for your help last night smile

EdsRedeemingQualities Tue 23-Oct-12 09:13:11

Coco could you have picked up something in hospital? MRSA etc. Hopefully it's nothing that bad - let us know how you get on x

cocolepew Tue 23-Oct-12 09:16:10

That's what I was thinking, hopefully not. Unfortunately the dr I'm seeing isn't the one I would choose to go to, but he was the only one with free appointments.

I'll report back smile

cocolepew Tue 23-Oct-12 11:20:00

Sitting in A&E now, dr thinks I need iv antibiotics, hopefully I wont be admitted I'm wearing odd socks grin

EdsRedeemingQualities Tue 23-Oct-12 11:40:12

Yikes, that sounds quite daunting. I hope it all turns out Ok x

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 23-Oct-12 12:04:23

Good luck Coco, hope they can sort it out without the need for an overnight stay.

cocolepew Tue 23-Oct-12 13:05:02

Thanks all, back home with different ab's. If it continues to spread over the next few days, I'll have to go in. So fingers crossed.

Marrow Tue 23-Oct-12 13:33:08

Hope the ABs work quickly and it gets better soon.

cocolepew Tue 23-Oct-12 13:38:39

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now