Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy scalp/head - definitely not nits - help!

(4 Posts)
CarpeJugulum Mon 22-Oct-12 19:19:11

As the subject says really!

I have an itchy head which started itching on Sunday morning - sort of a burning sensation.

I've just nitty-grittied and it's definitely not nits - there is nothing there on the comb/paper. In fact I dry combed and now I've wet combed with a bit of conditioner.

No new shampoo, hair product - they've all be in use for about a month (newest product) and I'm not normally allergic to anything other than prescribed drugs.

I have used bio washing powder as I ran out of non-bio, but my body (where the clothes are) seems okay. Maybe a bit itchy, but I think more psychosomatic.

Diagnose me?!

reliablemillipede Mon 22-Oct-12 23:40:10

Dandruff ! start using head and shoulders/similar type shampoo this should sort it out !

tabbycat15 Wed 24-Oct-12 03:13:32

It could be an allergy to sodium laurel sulphate. Try using. Sls free shampoo & take an anti histamine.

wishiwasonholiday Wed 24-Oct-12 03:16:28

I use sls free shampoo too as my scalp feels like its on fire with other shampoos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now