Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I keep getting nosebleeds, always from the same nostril

(6 Posts)
NigellasGhost Mon 22-Oct-12 14:30:29

do I need to be worried?
Maybe once or twice a week, and heavy enough to have to stop and hold tissues to my nose, pinch the top of my nose etc. Perhaps get through a few tissues. But not heavy enough to be really really uncontrollable.
A bit scared to google this one!

MooncupGoddess Mon 22-Oct-12 14:33:03

You may just have a weak vein in one nostril; if it becomes a real problem you might be able to have it cauterised (think that's the correct term! Haven't had it done myself but someone suggested it once as my left nostril is prone to bleeds).

However, worth checking with the doctor in case it's something more serious.

NigellasGhost Mon 22-Oct-12 15:04:35

thanks Mooncup, I feel reassured. I know it still could be serious in theory but I couldn't think of a non-serious possibility and you have come up with one!

sparklingwine Mon 22-Oct-12 15:10:23

My DH gets regular nosebleeds and recently went to doc after much nagging . Doc didn't recommend cauterising as in some people it makes it worse! I was worried it meant high blood pressure or something worse but no- just weak nose bloodvessels.
Best ask doc anyway, but probablynptjong major. Hth

sparklingwine Mon 22-Oct-12 15:11:02

Probably NOTHING major. Stupid phone

NigellasGhost Mon 22-Oct-12 17:41:41

Nptjong is fine!
<Wishes didn't have to write n*s*r*l in thread title>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now