Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Winter vomiting bug... How long off work?

(4 Posts)
FrumpyPumpy Mon 22-Oct-12 07:22:09

Hi, my family has all been struck by vomiting bug this weekend, and are in various states of recovery, ranging from last vomiting/diarrhoea sat pm to last episode sun pm (me but least affected, never sick and feel ok now). Children last sick Friday (dd) and Saturday (ds).

When is sensible to go to work - really don't want anyone to get this it's was horrible. BUT I have left my laptop charger at work, it's 50miles away and another 2 of my team of 4 are off today leaving the most junior member there.

I know I should really not go, but logistics are difficult.

Advice?

xkcdfangirl Mon 22-Oct-12 07:35:06

You really must not go in at all till at least Wednesday - possibly longer if there is any recurrence. Get someone who is there to find a way to convey they laptop and charger to you today so that you can do some work from home. Somebody will know somebody who lives in your direction.

FrumpyPumpy Mon 22-Oct-12 07:43:55

Ok, can sort something for me and work at home. Thank you, dont want to feel as though 'skiving', but I know (really) I can't go in.

runzombierun Mon 22-Oct-12 22:17:51

think its currently 48 hours after last bout of D and/or V if you have norovirus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now