Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Where have my periods gone?

(4 Posts)
Rumplestiltskine Mon 22-Oct-12 00:16:43

Can anybody suggest why I might have stopped having periods? I am 100% definitely not pregnant, just to rule out the obvious. I came off the Clairette pill six or seven months ago, had one period as normal the first month after stopping, and then haven't had another one since. I haven't been particularly stressed and I'm not underweight, which are the only other reasons I know of for periods randomly stopping. I'm only 21 so fairly sure there's no menopause involved! I keep thinking I should wait a bit longer to see if things return to normal on their own before I go to the doctor... how long can I realistically put this off for? blush TIA...

twolittlebundles Mon 22-Oct-12 01:39:53

Sometimes the pill can have a hangover effect on your cycle, so that may be it, but 6 months seems a long time.
How are your iron levels? Low iron can be a reason sometimes too. You would need to get a blood test to find out though I suspect.

justbogoffnow Mon 22-Oct-12 01:42:00

Agree re going to get blood tests to check

SarahGarden80 Mon 22-Oct-12 12:27:26

twolittlebundles how did it go? any news with your period? I seem to getting into similar problem, stopped taking pills after 6 years, one month period came and second one has not came so far, more than 31 days now. I had PMS for 2 weeks, it calmed down and still no period coming. Im just wondering whats going on:/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now