Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a postnatal/ pelvic floor thing (poo, TMI)?

(8 Posts)
belindarose Sun 21-Oct-12 18:37:12

I am not the poo troll (do we still have one?).

I've got a worrying/ embarrassing problem. Since having dc2, 16 weeks ago, I've begun to poo much more frequently. I used to be a once a day person. Now it's A Lot. I haven't counted. But at least 6 times a day. Always 'normal' poos. Not hard or soft and only need a little wiping.

I think I'm going more because I'm afraid of not making it. But how is that creating more poo?? Each one is a 'decent' size!

Sorry. Thanks for reading!

belindarose Mon 22-Oct-12 07:24:35

It was TMI then?

cardamomginger Mon 22-Oct-12 08:29:57

Dunno.... If they come out OK, i.e. you don't have to strain, and you don't have the feeling of incomplete evacuation, you know when you need to go, and you're not experiencing any faecal incontinence, it seems unlikely that it's a pelvic floor thing. But, as I said - dunno....! Can see how that would be irritating. X

MrsHoarder Mon 22-Oct-12 08:47:43

I'd go to the GP to discuss tbh. Make a non-urgent appointment and keep count each day until it happens so you can go with numbers.

Think 3 times a day to once every 3 days is the "normal" range, outside that is talking to the GP time. And sympathies those DC really mess up our systems.

gussiegrips Mon 22-Oct-12 10:42:03

A new one on me.

No incontinence? Just normal bowel movements, and lots of them?

Not heard of that with pelvic floor ishoos - but, doyerblardyexercises regardless.

And, I'd mention it to GP or health visitor.

Congrats on baby, you didn't by any chance, call her Enema, did you?

cardamomginger Mon 22-Oct-12 11:24:12

Could it be a hormone thing? It's a bit off the point, but I have IBS and my 'throughput' can vary depending on where I am in my cycle. Have you recently stopped BF? Periods started again?

moleskin Mon 22-Oct-12 13:04:15

Are you on iron tablets? They can make you go more. Could be hormones as well. Id speak to GP

belindarose Mon 22-Oct-12 16:25:50

No constipation, or diarrhoea. Just frequent and possibly urgent but daren't wait to find out. Also MUCH fartier than I've ever been before.

I'll see GP sometime. Was hoping you'd all say this always happens after childbirth and it clears up easily on its own

And yes, I must dotheblardyexercises nonetheless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now