Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If a young child was very unwell with a virus and their right eyelid was slightly closed for several days...

(7 Posts)
Pagwatch Sun 21-Oct-12 10:41:04

Would that indicate anything?

This is not about a child who is ill at the moment.

TunaPastaBake Sun 21-Oct-12 10:55:11

It would indicate to me that I would need to phone for an appointment at GP's !

TunaPastaBake Sun 21-Oct-12 10:56:50

I would be concerned about the eyelid being closed for 'several ' days - what's going on underneath it .

tabbycat15 Sun 21-Oct-12 12:47:29

I know Bells Palsy can make an eyelid close or droop.

Pagwatch Sun 21-Oct-12 15:35:04

As i said, it s not a child who is ill at the moment.
It was several years ago - my son who is now aged 16 was about 20 months at the time.

I will look up bells palsy - thank you.

I remember how poorly he was but I had forgotten the droopy eyelid until I came across some photographs of him yesterday. It was quite pronounced and for a week iirc.

anywinewilldo Sun 21-Oct-12 16:05:43

Viral conjunctivitis can do this, even without any discharge. Exact same thing happened to my DD years ago. It was confirmed by consultant opthamologist at hospital. Lasted about a week too. She had MRI at time to check nothing else going on - it was all clear. Sometimes other viruses can temporarily disturb the nerve to the eyelid too. I wouldn't worry if no symptoms since then!

Pagwatch Sun 21-Oct-12 16:10:42

That's interesting anywine. That could explain it.

He isn't fine. He had a substantial regression at this time and has profound learning difficulties and ut ism.
I just had managed to forget this symptom and was retrospectively wondering if it meant anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now