Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

D&V bug following flu jab - coincidence?

(8 Posts)
BabsJansen Sat 20-Oct-12 18:43:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tabbycat15 Sun 21-Oct-12 03:55:53

You might have picked something up in the waiting room at the surgery. I've never heard of anyone with that side effect so I'd say it's not related.

Trazzletoes Sun 21-Oct-12 03:58:45

Can't see why it would be related... I usually get a very sore, achy arms and flu-like symptoms sufficient to make me have a couple of early nights. I think you've just been very unlucky with timings.

oxfordgirl Sun 21-Oct-12 19:58:05

maybe you are allergic to an ingredient in the vaccine

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sun 21-Oct-12 21:33:50

I've posted on a flu jab thread today because I had very similar symptoms - within hours I had the runs and was nauseated, which lasted to the next day. I'm convinced it was connected as I was absolutely fine beforehand. Hope you feel better soon.

Sparklingbrook Sun 21-Oct-12 21:36:05

Link to the other thread if you want to look I have backache. confused

SoftKittyWarmKitty Sun 21-Oct-12 21:42:11

Thanks for linking that Sparkling, I'm on phone so hard to link smile.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 21-Oct-12 21:52:01

I've had the flujab 3 times (not been this year yet)

Last year I had a hot,muscle achey ,shivery reaction the same evening (last about 2 hours)
Year before I had D&V
Year before I had achey,draggy muscles the next 48 hours but alot of my collegues had reactions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now