Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pneumocolon CT Scan

(3 Posts)
carmen66 Fri 19-Oct-12 13:52:35

Hi, I had my Pneumocolon CT scan yesterday as I have been having constant diahorrea... Last night it dawned on me that I have had 4 CT scans over the last few years 1) Dental 2) Mammogram 3)Nasal CT and yesterday Pneumocolon it's got me thinking that I have been exposed to a lot of radiation I have said to my husband that I'm not having any more unless it's life saving. I'm worried now that I'm vunerable to cancer maybe I'm not thinking rationally & know that we are exposed to radiation every day including on planes & it is low dose radiation for CT scans but surely it amounts up ...Has anybody had more than one?

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 19-Oct-12 17:04:47

oh yes indeed ! I've had mammograms and CTs and x rays and I think the benefits outweigh the small risk of possibly getting cancer- try not to worry about it.

carmen66 Fri 19-Oct-12 19:04:31

Thankyou for your reply,& I agree that a lot of detail to health shows up on a CT but it really concerns me as to the amount of radiation gets absorbed into our bodies... It would be interesting to read other peoples opinions :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now