Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

restless legs

(5 Posts)
emmaoscarsmum Wed 17-Oct-12 02:10:14

Pkease can someone help. I am 13 weeks with my 2nd and am suffering with restless legs at night.
I am barely getting any sleep so any suggestions would be welcome x

whatsfordinnertonight Wed 17-Oct-12 07:01:27

I had this a lot when I was pregnant with my second child, but not at all when pregnant with my third, third time round I carried on going to the gym for a light work out right until 38 weeks, I think it really helped my circulation which I think is related to the restless legs.

bumhead Wed 17-Oct-12 20:43:40

Restless legs can be due to a drop in magnesium. I'm not pregnant but get RL so take a Magnesium supplement before bed and it stops.
You would need to check whether this is safe in pregnancy though

TessCorpseDissect Wed 17-Oct-12 20:48:15

Try putting a pillow under your ankles, it sometimes helps with the circulation.

I only seem to suffer from restless legs when I am overtired - even staying up half an hour later than my usual bedtime can bring it on so please bear that in mind if you do manage to get back into a regular sleep pattern.

bumhead Wed 17-Oct-12 20:51:10

Actually thinking about it bananas are full of magnesium and so is dark chocolate so eat some before bed.
Hope this helps!
You have my sympathies. My RL started when I was pregnant with DS and 13 years on I still get it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now