Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Incontinence (I really don't want to ask, but...)

(14 Posts)
ILoveAFullFridge Tue 16-Oct-12 19:48:29

I think I'm OK, most of the time I can safely sneeze, laugh, and trampoline. But I keep having damp knickers. This has been going on for years. GP says I'm probably leaking without noticing, and I should do more PFEs.

But recently I noticed something (this the cringey TMI bit). I go to the loo, wee, wipe, and then when I stand up I can feel a tiny bit more coming out. I'm sure I'm completely dry when I stand up.

So where's this extra drop coming from?

AgentProvocateur Tue 16-Oct-12 20:12:22

OMG, I went to the GP with the same problem today (after putting it off for literally years!)

She has referred me to a gynae physio, because she thinks the problem (never feeling I've fully emptied my bladder) is pelvic floor related. But she said to stop the problem of a bit more wee coming out, I had to "double void" - pee, then walk about the bathroom and pee some more.

This is the first time I've ever been able to answer a question in general health.

savemefromrickets Tue 16-Oct-12 20:14:55

You can double void by doing a hula hooping action, it seems to locate a tiny bit of wee that must be up behind your earhole or somewhere equally out of the way blush

ILoveAFullFridge Tue 16-Oct-12 21:18:55

But I do feel I've emptied my bladder. And if I get up to hulahoop walk around the bathroom, then I will still get the 'droplet'.

Will it still work if I do the hula while still sitting down? I'll try it, anyway!

AgentProvocateur Tue 16-Oct-12 21:52:40

Savemefromrickets, I'd never heard of double voiding! Is this something else that everyone except me knows about?

savemefromrickets Wed 17-Oct-12 08:05:30

I didn't know it had a name either grin

It's bloody annoying though. I can go and need to go again within a few mins if I don't do that.

I'm off to try sitting hula!

Bluestocking Wed 17-Oct-12 08:09:50

My physio told me this is "post micturition dribble". It sounds ridiculous but if you google it you'll find it's very normal. I have to "double void" as well - thanks, Agent, for telling me the technical term for this!

ILoveAFullFridge Tue 23-Oct-12 21:04:58

Well, the hula-hooping isn't helping, and I've almost broken a loo-seat. I've assumed some weird postures in my time, but trying to hula hoop in a seated position while hovering over the loo is...unique.

The thing is, I don't need to double-void. My bladder is empty, I don't have urge again soon after. It's just the one droplet, from up behind my earlobe or wherever, that appears immediately after I stand up straight.

fengirl1 Tue 23-Oct-12 22:25:45

Try leaning right forward before you get off the loo - watch out for obstacles you might bash your head on though!

savemefromrickets Tue 23-Oct-12 23:40:34

I can go and within one minute need another full size wee! It's so bloody annoying!! I wonder if I've got a second bladder grin

Footle Wed 24-Oct-12 18:34:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

savemefromrickets Wed 24-Oct-12 19:51:27

I'm meant to have some form of surgery in that region at some point but I'm saving it for when my house is tidy enough that I can spend a couple of weeks in it recuperating without wanting to leave home grin

ILoveAFullFridge Thu 25-Oct-12 11:47:06

If I had a cystocele I'd also be having recurrent UTIs, surely?

Footle Thu 25-Oct-12 14:44:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now