Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu jab? Should I?

(2 Posts)
fuzzpig Tue 16-Oct-12 18:21:00

I'm not technically in any of the 'at risk' groups so I'd have to pay for it which is fine - just not sure if I should have it.

Have a probable diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome and can't bear the thought of any more flu like symptoms on top of what I have every day especially as it was a flu like thing this summer that seemed to set off an ongoing episode.

I am crap at science and don't really understand all the stuff about vaccines (have had all routine ones as have my DCs).

Yay or nay?

jessiegee Tue 16-Oct-12 18:55:19

I think I'd be tempted to if I had chronic fatigue. Especially if it was a flu like virus that seemed to start it in the first place. You aren't suppose to have it if you are allergic to eggs. The leaftlet I read while I was waiting in the GPs for mine today says obviously no immunisation is 100% guaranteed to work but that you are a lot less likely to get it and to get a milder version if you do. Common side effects are tenderness soreness at the site; headache, mild muscle aches for a day or so which is the immune system kicking off to deal with the jab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now