Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

White spots on arms

(9 Posts)
Goodbyetonsils Sun 14-Oct-12 20:52:43

About 3 weeks ago I notice raised white spots on my upper arms, almost like millions of little white heads :S Not particularly itchy, anyone know what this could be?

Cwm Sun 14-Oct-12 20:55:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Goodbyetonsils Sun 14-Oct-12 21:25:15

I don't think so... I have that also but that has a reddish appearance. These are white heads :S

doglover Sun 14-Oct-12 21:44:31

Flexitol will sort them out!

Wolfiefan Sun 14-Oct-12 21:46:57

Molluscum contagiosum (spelt wrong?)

Goodbyetonsils Sun 14-Oct-12 22:06:33

Not as big as the Molluscum contagious I just found on a google search. They are tiny but millions of them. Haha these all sound like spells from Harry Potter!

What is Flexitol?

MrsMellowDrummer Sun 14-Oct-12 23:22:52

It's possibly the most overused phrase on mumsnet, but they could be a symptom of an underachieving thyroid.

Beamur Sun 14-Oct-12 23:26:35

If it's Keratosis Pilaris (same appearance as you've described) you need a certain kind of moisturiser to sort it out, normal stuff won't make any difference. Sunlight also helps.

MrsMellowDrummer Mon 15-Oct-12 08:45:24

Doh... underactive thyroid, was of course what I meant to say before my helpful iPad got involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now