Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump found high up in my fanjo

(16 Posts)
ScaredOfMyLump Sat 13-Oct-12 17:36:11

I've namechanged for this.

I've found a lump really high up inside me. It's to my right and is hard like bone/cartilidge.

When I push on the lump it feels like someone else is pushing back at me with their finger through my vaginal wall. It's not painful at all.

I've convinced myself it's some kind of cancer sad

I know I've got to go to the Dr on Monday (if I can get past the dragon receptionist) but can anyone reassure me in the meantime?

So not to dripfeed - I've had a few gynae operations to remove ovarian cysts on my right ovary before; a c section; a VBAC with DD2 with episiotomy and forceps.

Do you think maybe they left something inside me during one of my ops? clutching at straws

HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 13-Oct-12 17:38:50

My first thought would be that it could be an adhesion.

Adhesions are normal patches of scar tissue that form after surgery but I don't think they are necessarily where there has been an incision IYSWIM.

Chundle Sat 13-Oct-12 20:13:28

ive no idea what it could be other than old scar tissue but good luck at the docs you are doing the right thing going - let us know how ou get on x

ScaredOfMyLump Sat 13-Oct-12 22:03:03

Thanks for your replies.

HLL Forgot to mention in my op that I've got a lot of abdominal adhesions. They were found during my first surgery and 'burnt' but keep coming back and getting worse with each operation. I've now had 5 surgeries in total inc my c section so you can imagine what my insides look like!

Chundle I'm hoping it's just old scar tissue or adhesions as HLL suggested.

I'll update when I've been checked out.

lurcherlover Sat 13-Oct-12 22:08:34

Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree here, but it's definitely not your cervix?

zombieplanmum Sat 13-Oct-12 22:11:44

I don't know if this is the same thing, but a while ago i found some lumps in my vagina, about a finger length in (i was, err, looking for my coil string blush). Having previously had cervical cancer i was worried sick, i went to see my doctor and she had a look, she said they were fluid retention cysts, were common and may or may not go by themselves - i think they have gone now. They did feel hard, but i would say they definately felt to be on the outside (inside if you know what i mean) rather than behind the wall.

Another thing just thought, is it on the front wall? Could it be that elusive G spot? that is thought to be a thickening??

zombieplanmum Sat 13-Oct-12 22:13:09

lurcher makes a good point too, especially if it is a bit tilted.

ScaredOfMyLump Sat 13-Oct-12 22:32:02

I'm 99% sure it's not my cervix, the lump is at a right angle to my cervix and not quite as high. I've got PCOS so I don't know what position my cervix should be at the moment because my cycles are really irregular.

I was, err, looking for my coil string too when I discovered the lump grin. This doesn't feel like it's on the inside, it feels like it's pushing into the wall from my abdo IYSWIM. I can feel a rough patch (g spot?) on the front wall but that's been there ever since I started exploring!

gussiegrips Sat 13-Oct-12 22:37:16

Have you any other symptoms?

If it's just a lump, and you've got a history of adhesions and surgeries then I'd have a glass of wine and a good cry and try to relax.

Get it looked at on Monday. Or else Dr MN will come round and look at it for you - and there's a few of us, so i'tll take a while!

digerd Sat 13-Oct-12 22:53:27

There's no such thing as a G spot in the vagina, that's a myth thought up by men!! The vagina is a birth canal and is made tough and insensitive to cope with the rigours of child birth. If it is not sore, painful, or uncomfortable to touch, then it should be something " normal". Women after childbirth when older, often have prolapses of the womb and bladder, but they are soft tissues. But I am no gyny and have never seen inside there or felt around except when I couldn't remember if I had taken a mini tampon out or not but could''t find the string.!! Can't remember feeling something hard. The cervix is right at the top in the centre, unless you've had a cone biopsy for cervical cancer in Situ, as I had and it healed "wonky" . Sounds strange, though, but not ominous. Let us know what the investigation reveals.

zombieplanmum Sun 14-Oct-12 08:59:23

i think the rough patch is the "g-spot" actually, not that mine actually does anything for me! blush

Another thought, albeit a little unpleasant before breakfast - it could be, um, a poo, i have a bit of a rectal prolapse going on (oh so sexy, its fun being a woman isnt it!) and sometimes i can feel poos at the front iyswim. If i push it feels hard and like you say, like someone pushing back with finger.

So, thats quite a list of things it could be - none of them nasty, go to the doctors, put your mind at rest and then come back and tell us all what it was. I would be stunned if he/she told you it was a g-spot though wink Don't worry xx

ScaredOfMyLump Sun 14-Oct-12 09:53:04

I don't have any new symptoms gussie but suffer from chronic ovary pain. It's a very specific pain and I've had it since a teenager so10+ yrs now.

digerd at first I thought maybe a prolapse but always imagined that would feel quite 'spongy'. Luckily I've never had to have anything done to my cervix for it to heal wonky.

zombie In my family we always talk about bodily functions etc at mealtimes grin You're right, none of thing listed sound like the big C.

Thank you all for putting my mind at ease. I feel less worried now but also because I got Dr DH to check it last night and he said it's been there for as long as he can remember. When I asked him why he'd never mentioned it to me he said 'I just thought you were made that way'.

I'll update in the week.

zombieplanmum Wed 17-Oct-12 14:22:40

did you ever find out what this was?

ScaredOfMyLump Tue 23-Oct-12 16:11:27

Update...

It's an adhesion. I ended up having an emergency lap last week because of severe abdo pain.

They removed all the adhesions they could but had to leave my fanjo one in because they didn't want to cause anymore bleeding then they already had.

digerd Tue 23-Oct-12 17:08:49

Oh, good news. So you had a Laparoscopy? Had 2 of those under General A

When I was told I had a slight prolapse of my womb, gyny asked if I had been carrying anything heavy, as that often causes it, hence women should not carry heavy things, leave that to the men who are built for that - yeah !!! I had been carrying bricks and helping DH lay paved Patio.
Years later, I had an internal exam and was told my womb had dropped further, and also my bladder, as is common in middle-aged/older women. But didn't ask if it felt hard or spongy.
It made me laugh about your DR DH opinion. Do you mean that bit just inside the opening on left side - feels a bit rough? Don';t know why it is like that, but has no feeling in it - so no G spot.
After my ops I bled with period pains for 6 weeks, but I was scraped

ScaredOfMyLump Tue 23-Oct-12 21:01:12

Hi Digerd,

Yes I had a laparoscopy. I never knew carrying heavy things could cause a prolapse, I always thought it 'just' damaged your back.

No, the bit with me that feels rough is quite high up in the centre of my front wall. The hard lump is on the right side of my vaginal wall.

I just had very light bleeding for a couple of days, nothing now.

I hope no one ever outs me, my bits sound like they're in a right state!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now