Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what is this?? hyperthyroid or Not :/

(6 Posts)
Fluffypoms Fri 12-Oct-12 13:17:41

Over the last month or so I have Been having palpitations and twice Been A&E

Had all sorts of tests which have all been clear.. Ecg,fbc,lft chest x ray.. Except a raised T4

Have had my bloods done since which still shows raised T4 but as my Tsh level is within Range dr doesn't want to start meds.

But I feel so Rubbish and tired and have also lost around 2 stone..

I don't even Know really what I am asking here just maybe someone has had similar?

The palpitations do not come with any chest pain just uncomftable/annoying.

I want to feel myself again. Rant over.

Walnutcakelover Fri 12-Oct-12 16:05:26

Hi, do you get any other symptoms, like insomnia, anxiety, tremors? it does sound like hyperthyroidism. Go back to you Dr for more blood tests and an explanation. Hope you feel better soon, and get some better answers.

Fluffypoms Fri 12-Oct-12 18:04:17

Hi, I don't have trouble getting to sleep but I have trouble staying asleep..

And this may sound silly but sometimes it feels asthough I am shaking although it isn't Visable.. The drs are making me feel like a pest. I just feel Rotten

RockinD Fri 12-Oct-12 18:51:06

The invisible shaking suggests that your adrenals are under pressure, which implies that something is going on elsewhere in your endocrine system.

Your doc needs to check your FT3 as well as your FT4. If the NHS lab in your area doesn't do it if TSH is within range, he needs to write '? hyperthyroid' on the form. After that, if he still doesn't know what to do with you, your GP should refer you.

Walnutcakelover Fri 12-Oct-12 20:14:23

Yes I know what you mean with the invisible shaking, I get that when I am feeling very anxious and stresssed.

Fluffypoms Fri 12-Oct-12 21:01:39

Phew Glad someone Knows what I mean.

I will deffo go back to the Dr, the one that I saw today seemed real Rushed.

If it wasn't for the palpitations I don't think I'd worry as much. But they are such a horrid feeling. Thanks for your replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now