Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What is this pain?!

(8 Posts)
5ThingsUnderTheBed Thu 11-Oct-12 18:18:11

For the past week or so I have had this pain in the top of my right arm. Feels almost like someone is giving me a needle, you know the feeling when they start injecting you and it stings? The area is warm to touch as well. It is really getting to me as constantly there.

Don't want to go to the gp as seems like an idiotic thing to go about.

Boardiegirl Thu 11-Oct-12 19:10:43

Pop into a pharmacist in the chemist, theyl tel u wetha u need a GP or not

5ThingsUnderTheBed Thu 11-Oct-12 19:35:03

I'd feel embarrassed asking the pharmacist.

MadgeHarvey Thu 11-Oct-12 21:07:47

In which case you really have to go to your GP. I have no idea what your pain is but you need to see a Doctor if it's troubling you.

kerstina Thu 11-Oct-12 21:52:04

Not an expert as I have not had it but could it be shingles ?

5ThingsUnderTheBed Thu 11-Oct-12 23:07:38

Wouldn't there be a rash if it were shingles?

5ThingsUnderTheBed Thu 11-Oct-12 23:28:25

Crap, just looked it up on NHS website. Could be shingles. Gp tomorrow then.

kerstina Fri 12-Oct-12 18:45:42

Did you manage to see GP ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: