Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tranexamic Acid & BF

(3 Posts)
GruffVoiceDownTheChimney Thu 11-Oct-12 12:42:32

Am only on my 3rd AF since having DDs but each one is getting heavier. Had to get up several times last night and still flooded. I have stayed home today as don't feel I could cope with this loss and working. I will make a GP appointment but it won't be til this period is over. Am considering shuffling to boots to buy otc tranexamic acid but wondered if they'll sell it to me as am bf? Any experiences?

Baskets45 Thu 11-Oct-12 16:41:19

I've had a look at the leaflet with my tran acid supply, and - as expected - it does say to d/w dr if you are pg or breast feeding. The pharmacist would suggest this too, i am sure. My own thoughts are it's not wise to ignore this advice, so i'd get an appt to speak to a GP.

GruffVoiceDownTheChimney Thu 11-Oct-12 16:53:35

Thanks baskets - I tried to buy in Boots but they wouldn't sell due to bf, so I rang GP who said it's fine to use while feeding but that he wouldn't prescribe without consultation. Can't get an appt until next week so I'll just have to survive this period and get organised for the next one. Thanks so much for checking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now