Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When should I go back to the doctors?

(7 Posts)

Right I'm 30 wks pg and have a very painful inner ear infection. Symptoms first started last Friday and I got a nurses appointment Monday, who gave me oral amoxicillin. I've taken this, on time since Monday lunchtime, but my ear feels like its getting worse not better! Now it's leaking fluid (clear and non smelly as far as I can tell). And it's really getting to me, especially as I don't want to keep taking pain killers because of baby.

So oh wise mumsnetters, when do I go back to the doctors if the antibiotics aren't working? Today? Tomorrow? Or on Monday?

please don't say Monday or I might cry

eastendfareast Thu 11-Oct-12 07:58:31

My son gets these regularly and the only thing that works is ofloxacin drops into the ear. Clears up in a day or so.

Ok so as the antibiotics haven't kicked in in 3 days should I go back today?

Or could I get away with just a chemist for ear drops?

Oh so confused, i am pretty sure I'm not normally this dim, it must be the pain. or baby brain

Anyone? The phone line for emergency appointments opens in 7 minutes!

Haemadoots Thu 11-Oct-12 08:25:44

Would do no harm to go back today

CrikeyOHare Thu 11-Oct-12 08:26:38

Yes - make an emergency appointment. If the antibiotics haven't kicked in yet & things are getting worse, then you may need another type.

Thank you. I was hoping people would say that. I'm not trusting my judgement right now and didn't want to be laughed out of the surgery waste their time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now