Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What could this be?

(4 Posts)
Longdistance Thu 11-Oct-12 06:18:48

I'm seeing the doc tomorrow morning, as basically have been feeling tired for about a month now.
I wake up, and I'm tired, I could quite easily go back to sleep, and just feel exhausted all day. I go to bed about 10pm, and am up at 6/6.30. I'm a sahm, and have two dd's 15mo, and 3 years old.
I've twice this week have had a bad bout of diarrhea, sorry if tmi.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this? Or has any idea what it might be?
I just don't feel right at all sad

Flippityjig Thu 11-Oct-12 06:35:00

Food intolerance?

I had similar symptoms for quite a while. Tbh the gp wasnt much use, said possibly ibs but couldn't give much advice. In the end I started a very basic diet ( google Zoe Harcombe) of just basics, meat, fish, veg, unprocessed carbs ( e.g. wholegrain rice/pasta) and cut out all sugar, processed food, gluten, caffeine. I felt awful for about 5 days (caffeine and sugar withdrawal) but afterwards felt great. Then you introduce things one at a time, I.e. try some milk for a week, see if you feel any different.

Good luck.

Cantdoright Thu 11-Oct-12 07:34:09

I was initially going to say thyroid? Or anaemia? The diarrhoea is interesting though so could be an intolerance to gluten or something as flip pity said, if the doctor refers you for any testing though and doesn't tell you to cut out anything with gluten etc don't, I used to work in a unit where we tested to see if patients were coeliac and some people had quite understandingly tried to cut out wheat etc to see if it made a difference and we had to ask them to come back as we didn't get a true picture iyswim.

Longdistance Thu 11-Oct-12 08:34:49

Thanks for the advice.
I think I'll request a blood test as well, to rule out anything else.
The doc I'm seeing has been spot on so far with my dd's treatment, so hoping he'll do the same for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now